1996 Ciera 2855 Fresh Water Tank Locaton-gctid804972

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 Ciera 2855 Fresh Water Tank Locaton-gctid804972

I think I have a leak between the tank and the water pump, but I haven't been able to find the tank. Thanks.

No one knows this? I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I've looked at every logical location and can't find it. The only thing I can think is that it is under the cabin flooring. I got this boat 8 years ago, and it has custom flooring. If I'm right, I will have to pull that up to get access, but I would really rather not do that on a hunch. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

Yup under the floor you can see the fitting from under the step. Are you loosing water from the tank or do you see water under the step. Could be bilge water as it is open to the engine compartment
      John McLellan White Rock BC
      "Halifax Jack"
      1999 2855 383 stroker BII
      MMSI 316004337

Comment

I definitely have a leak, but I don't know whether it is from the tank or from the line from the tank to the pump. I put in 30 gallons, the water runs but with less than normal pressure. The pump doesn't cycle, but runs continuously, which is why I think it's between the tank and the pump. I can't tell where the water is going, which is troublesome. I've had more than normal (for this boat) water in the aft bilge, but it doesn't seem like the 30 gallons, which is emptying with no use within 24 hours. I'm not here all the time, so I can't be more precise than that. The bilge pump may be running more often than I'm aware ;of. The forward bilge is dry. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

The tank is under the floor, but you can remove the steps and look at the end of the tank and the hoses to the pump. The only usual place the tank can leak is the connector to the pump feed hose and the fill feed hose. Easy to check out. Dry everything and then use a very bright light to see the drip and where it is coming from. The only time I've ever seen a tank split was from not winterizing it correctly.
          David
          http://www.cambridgeadvertising.org
          http://www.davidladewig.com

Comment

• Anthony J Mitchell
            Anthony J Mitchell commented
            Editing a comment
            Where does the water come into the tank? my bilge fills up every time I fill the fresh water tank

• Four_Pyrates
            Four_Pyrates commented
            Editing a comment
            The tank fill to the water tank is one hose (usually white) If you take out the steps you can have someone watch while you fill to fine and make a repair. First you have to dry everything and then test.

I am having the same problem with my 1998 2855 since last night. We were going to camp out and do some catfishing and when my fiancé went below deck to wash off some dishes after dinner she announced the water wasn't working. I thought we shouldn't be out of water already but it is possible. To be cautious I turned on both bilges. Nothing cam out of the forward bilge but the aft bilge drained for about 10 minutes spewing but not entirely a solid stream. So, I decided I needed to check the engine compartment for water. Sure enough there was (what I thought at the time) water coming in from around the a/c intake from the thru hull apparatus. We packed up and headed back to my slip and hoped the bilge pump floats would not fail overnight so I could check it today. I was very pleased my boat had not sank overnight due to equipment failure I went back today and there was very little water that came out of the aft bilge. This AM I read this thread and used the information to help diagnose further. When I arrived to the boat today there was no visible trickle coming from around the AC thru hull seal as there was the night before. Remember, this was @11:00 PM and very dark so I am unsure if the water really came from the A/C pick up thru hull seal.
          So using the information here I did the following tests:

1. After the boat was dry I put about 5 gallons or so in the Fresh water tank and had my fiancé to turn on the water to the main galley sink. She reported low water pressure and then a slow trickle followed by nothing. I could hear the pump running constantly and not doing the usual cycling when it needed pressure. I observed the same trickle of water as the night before in the engine compartment but could not locate the exact location it was coming from other than it was running around the A/C pick as noted above.

So, when this type of stuff happens I try to think of things we did different that day. We did use the shower that is located on the back of the boat and near the location the water was coming in (port side rear). Other than that it was just our regular trip other than of course the fresh water tank being empty all of a sudden.

I really need know the location (owners manual sucks for this boat) of the fresh water tank & any theories of what could cause this. Any realistic diagrams of the locations of the fresh water system would be greatly appreciated. A drawing done in crayon would be more helpful than the manual.

I appreciate any help you folks can offer.

Comment

The tank on my 2859 is under the cabin floor. Remember that the pump pressurizes the entire system. If pressure is not reached or maintained then the pump will continue to run and push water where ever it takes s leaking. Check your water heater, it's in the aft bilge area. Also check the lines going to your rear shower.
            Jeff Cooper
            1997 2859 Ciera Express

Comment

Working...
            X