Mercathode LED Codes-gctid804963

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercathode LED Codes-gctid804963

I am struggling to find any documentation or details on the Mercathode system I had installed. The controller is black with a single LED on the front. When I initially plugged it up the LED turned green and stayed solid green for maybe 10 or so minutes. After that it blinks green every second.

Does anyone know where I can find a reference on what the LED codes may indicate? Should it blink or stay solid?

Thanks!

Sounds like you have the Newest GEN III black controller,

Did it come with 2 transom mount anode or 1 gimbal mount anode?

Green on - system working

Green flashing every 4 seconds - system stabilizing

Green flashing every half second - service required
    Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
    Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
    93 3058 sold
    92 2855 (day boat)
    91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
    Longbranch WA
    Life is Good

Comment

"Ruffryder" post=805037 wrote:
      Sounds like you have the Newest GEN III black controller,

Did it come with 2 transom mount anode or 1 gimbal mount anode?

Green on - system working

Green flashing every 4 seconds - system stabilizing

Green flashing every half second - service required
      Thanks, Joon!

It has a single Anode under the gimbal. This has been flashing like this since I had it installed last season. With the 'Service Required' flash, what type of service is required?!? :unsure:

Comment

Joel, not sure if will help trouble shoot your issue any. It's a TEST that can be done using a multi meter.
        Dave
        Edmonds, WA
        "THE FIX"
        '93 2556
        Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
        Misc. projects thread
        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Thank you for posting the link, Dave! I have seen this option I just don't know what to do if the test confirms what the blinking LED is telling me. With everything being newly installed last year I am trying to understand what 'Service Required' means and pinpoint if the controller is bad, maybe bad wiring or a bad electrode. I will bite the bullet and eventually buy the tools for the test and go from there.

Just odd I can't find a manual or anything online specific to the Mercathode system that gives me specifics; like what is the short white wire hanging off the controller that is capped off?

Comment

Hmmm, capped off wire? I only had the four connections on mine, power, negative, and the two to the electrode, but I removed the Mercathode system as my boat sits on a trailer most of the time. Maybe attach a new temporary negative to the controller, might be a simple bad negative wire or something?
            Dave
            Edmonds, WA
            "THE FIX"
            '93 2556
            Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
            Misc. projects thread
            https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Yeah, its a short white wire with a black rubber cap. Looks like some instances the controller is wired into the trim tabs, maybe that has something to do with it.

I went ahead and ordered the special electrode to test things out and see what I find. I will post back once I get time to do the test. Safe boating!

Comment

The electrode arrived I just need to find time to do the test. I did head down to the boat Saturday though and luckily after replacing the fuse the LED is staying on solid so it seems all is working! Hopefully the test reveals the same thing. I am not noticing excessive corrosion though it is still early in the season so time will tell.

You guys rock, thanks for all the great input!

Comment

"mgm1986" post=805499 wrote:
                  Yeah, its a short white wire with a black rubber cap. Looks like some instances the controller is wired into the trim tabs, maybe that has something to do with it.

I went ahead and ordered the special electrode to test things out and see what I find. I will post back once I get time to do the test. Safe boating!
                  Yup, good to go
                  Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
                  Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
                  93 3058 sold
                  92 2855 (day boat)
                  91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
                  Longbranch WA
                  Life is Good

Comment

Working...
                  X