Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

head issues-gctid397183

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    head issues-gctid397183

    we just got our boat (87 cierra 25 ft) up and running and now i want to be able to sleep on her for weekends. however the head wont work and admirals need fancy things like that. when you pump the handle nothing flows through the head weather its on dry or normal flush. im not even sure how this thing works honestly, does anyone know of any common problems with this particular system on these boats?

    #2
    Do you know if the thru hull valve aka seacock is open to allow water to flow to the toilet ?

    If you put water in the toilet can you pump it out in the "DRY" setting ?
    Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

    Comment


      #3
      sounds like your blocked... check the valves and make sure they are open.. you might need a new valve.. stick some toilet stuff in it that helps unplug blocks... check all the hoses and make sure no kinks... take it to a dump station and use the sucker hoses to turbo suck the tank.. might help if plugged too

      Comment


        #4
        RinnyBeth wrote:
        sounds like your blocked... check the valves and make sure they are open.. you might need a new valve.. stick some toilet stuff in it that helps unplug blocks... check all the hoses and make sure no kinks... take it to a dump station and use the sucker hoses to turbo suck the tank.. might help if plugged too
        The way I read it, there's no blockage on the sewage side, and adding aggressive blockage-clearing chemicals is bad for the system. Doing a pump-out will empty the tank but won't do anything at all at the toilet. It sounds like the seawater inlet is closed, or the hand pump needs rebuilding. We need the answer to Jim's questions in order to go further.

        Comment


          #5
          whiskywizard wrote:
          The way I read it, there's no blockage on the sewage side, and adding aggressive blockage-clearing chemicals is bad for the system. Doing a pump-out will empty the tank but won't do anything at all at the toilet. It sounds like the seawater inlet is closed, or the hand pump needs rebuilding. We need the answer to Jim's questions in order to go further.
          ours was the sameway when we got it from the PO... turns out we inheritated 300 gallons of their poop. We had to stick treatment stuff in the tanks, and do pump outs multiple times in order for it to work properly. we checked the lines and the seacock valves.. we could not drain... sounded just like our issue till we put treatment in the tanks too loosen... the plug was solidified crap at the intake

          Comment


            #6
            RinnyBeth wrote:
            ours was the sameway when we got it from the PO... turns out we inheritated 300 gallons of their poop. We had to stick treatment stuff in the tanks, and do pump outs multiple times in order for it to work properly. we checked the lines and the seacock valves.. we could not drain... sounded just like our issue till we put treatment in the tanks too loosen... the plug was solidified crap at the intake
            300 gallons? That's a lot of crap to cram into a 40gal tank.

            But in your case, were you getting water to the bowl? We need to hear more details from the OP before troubleshooting effectively.

            Comment


              #7
              whiskywizard wrote:
              300 gallons? That's a lot of crap to cram into a 40gal tank.

              But in your case, were you getting water to the bowl? We need to hear more details from the OP before troubleshooting effectively.
              sorry 60 gallons of solidified love left for us.. lol..

              Comment


                #8
                ill open the seacock but that thing terrifies me, id hate for it to break off, then im left plugging a hole with my finger with the cell phone no where in reach. im pretty sure the holding tank is empty but ill verify it. i better figure out what toilet i have so i can make sure there is a rebuild kit for the hand pump, i actually suspect this is the root of the problem.

                Comment


                  #9
                  LakeLiner wrote:
                  ill open the seacock but that thing terrifies me, id hate for it to break off, then im left plugging a hole with my finger with the cell phone no where in reach. im pretty sure the holding tank is empty but ill verify it. i better figure out what toilet i have so i can make sure there is a rebuild kit for the hand pump, i actually suspect this is the root of the problem.
                  First of all, check the seacock. It may be stiff from disuse, but you won't break it. (BTW, you should have tried it before launching) If yours is a Jabsco toilet, just buy the whole pump assembly new-it's only a few dollars more than a rebuild kit and you can take the old one out and put the new one in in about 20 minutes.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    If the seacock is not open to allow water to the toilet then you can pump all you want you won't get water to flush.

                    I asked if it pumps water out if you put water into the toilet and pump, to to know if the pump works or not.

                    --------------

                    BTW - Buy some various size wooden plugs or a Forespar TruPlug to have in case of an emergency. I have both aboard.
                    Jim McNeely
                    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
                    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
                    Brighton, Michigan USA
                    MMSI # 367393410

                    Comment


                      #11
                      ok i opened the seacock and pumped like crazy and it trickeled out, si u figured it must be the pump because when i pour water in and pump it will almost empty the bowl. also stupid question but is this head only good for #1 or is it ok for #2 also?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Before you rebuild it, try putting some HeadLube in it. You can buy it at Defender marine, West marine etc (Defender is way cheaper). It sounds like is was idle for some time and the rubber seals will harden. You just put some in the bowl, and pump it so it gets to the seals and let it sit. Good to put in a few times during the season and before you winterize too. Head will work for both 1 & 2, just a matter of your preference on what you want in the holding tank. You still pump it all out. In either case make sure you use toilet paper made for RV/Marine head use . . . . Also. don't forget to put in holding tank chemicals to help keep the smell down and breakdown any solids. They come in liquid you put in the bowl and flush or packets you drop in and flush down. WalMart has RV/Marine head treatment in little packets. There are a zillion choices, & I am sure others will have recommendations.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          LakeLiner wrote:
                          ok i opened the seacock and pumped like crazy and it trickeled out, si u figured it must be the pump because when i pour water in and pump it will almost empty the bowl. also stupid question but is this head only good for #1 or is it ok for #2 also?
                          I may be in the minority on this, but I only use the head for a urinal. It just does not appear as if it is adequately designed for anything else. Maybe for children. Others will know much more about this than I. I have the Jabsco regular, which I believe was stock original with the boat.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X