Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Mixture-gctid397170

Hi All,

Just purchased my first boat, an '85 Capri with an 85 HP Force Outboard. I have to mix the gas and oil, so how do I know what mixture to run? Is there some place that I can find info out about things like this on the web?

Thanks!

with 99.9% certainty it's a 50:1 mix ratio. Only stone-age 2-strokes needed 25:1. Even my 1978 Mercury ran on 50:1. And I'd use TCW-3.

Congratulations to the new boat and welcome on board!

Comment

It's gotta be 50/1 . You might want to get yourself one of these Ratio Rite cups. They come in handy in the shop for various things and are the cat's meow for mixing small amounts of weed wacker gas ect. Mine is so old it looks cloudy you can't see through it but it still works fine. For some reason I never could read the graduations on the side of the of the oil bottles very well. If I remember right the mix offhand is 1pt / 6 gallons

Comment

There a droid app for that. Plug in the mix ratio and the amount of fuel and it tells you how much oil you need.

Comment

driz wrote:
          It's gotta be 50/1 . You might want to get yourself one of these Ratio Rite cups. They come in handy in the shop for various things and are the cat's meow for mixing small amounts of weed wacker gas ect.

The 50:1 sounds correct, but you may want to find an OEM manual for this engine and varify that.

Ditto the Ratio-Rite. These are excellent.

The scales allow for many different mixing ratios and fuel quantities.

Find your ratio and quantity column, and high-lite it with a black felt pen.

Ditto the TCW-3 oil or equivalent.

2-Stroke engine fuel mist lubrication is a fine-line balance between lubrication and cooling.

Believe it or not, fuel mist performs a XX% of a 2-stroke engine's cooling. More so with air cooled 2-strokes.

Too fat, and cooling is diminished.

Too lean, and lubrication is diminished.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
          2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
          Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
          Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
          Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Working...
          X