Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Potable Water pump-gctid397100

My potable water pump has had a very small leak when pumping and lately

It has gotten much worse. It is spraying water from the bottom of the pump when the switch is on. Its probably time to replace it.

My question is: What would be a suitable replacement for the existing pump? My main concern is finding pump that will have the same size fittings and connections. Those of you that have replaced the pump, what did you replace it with?

I assume you cannot get the part number/manufacturer off the existing pump?

I recently replaced my water pump, and I had thought there might be trouble getting one with the same fittings - but I believe they are all standard - 15 mm tubing for your water lines, should all use the same connectors to attach to the pump.

I replaced my FloJet with the exact same model that was already in the boat, but when I was looking around, they all seemed to have the same openings.

Aside from the fittings, I think the only consideration that differs from pump to pump is your flow rate and psi. my boat, slightly smaller than yours uses the 4405-143 which delivers 3.3 gpm and shuts off at 35 psi.

Comment

It's no good the way it is. Jerk it out of there and get a new one. Most brands are compatible.

Vic

Ft Myers
      Vic Stewart SN
      Past Commander
      Cape Fear Power Squadron
      Ft Myers Power Squadron
      1998 2859 7.4 L/B2
      Raw water cooled

Comment

Pull the pump out and get the same brand, that will pretty much guarantee you can re-use the fittings. They are NOT all the same. Shurflo, Jabsco, Flojet, Aquajet (Johnson) are the major players. 3-4 gpm at 35-40 psi is the standard range. Easily available at West Marine, Camping World, some Walmarts, or any RV supply.
        Jeff & Tara (And Ginger too)
        Lake Havasu City, AZ
        |
        Current: 2008 Playcraft 2400 MCM 350 Mag B3
        2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
        2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
        2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
        2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
        And 12 others...
        In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. 7-2-10

Comment

Working...
        X