Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MidnightSun
    replied
    Just a popular brand of rust resistant spray paint available throughout North America. Did not realize your location.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    [QUOTE]MidnightSun wrote:
    Flip up the end caps and remove the nut holding them in place. Now wiggle them until the pop off. They are mounted to a splined shaft FYI. A good coat of tremclad lasts about 5 years. Been there, done that.

Thanks for your reply. What's tremclad ? as I have never heard of it. It might be a product not available over here

Leave a comment:

• MidnightSun
    replied
    TPONZ wrote:
    Hi, My wiper arms are starting to look a little weather beaten, I am not sure if they were painted or powder coated but they need re-coating anyway, I just need to get them off first. Any tips please ?
    Flip up the end caps and remove the nut holding them in place. Now wiggle them until the pop off. They are mounted to a splined shaft FYI. A good coat of tremclad lasts about 5 years. Been there, done that.

Leave a comment:

• SuperiorDiver
    replied
    On my 4087, I removed the nut at the arm mount, then used a small puller to remove the arm from the motor shaft. I made a puller which is very similar to a battery post removal tool. Use some liquid wrench or similar product as there will probably be quite a bit of corrosion.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic How to remove 3055 windshield wiper arm-gctid397055

How to remove 3055 windshield wiper arm-gctid397055

Hi, My wiper arms are starting to look a little weather beaten, I am not sure if they were painted or powder coated but they need re-coating anyway, I just need to get them off first. Any tips please ?
Working...
X