help with starboard listing 1991 3288 bayliner motor yacht-gctid803517

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with starboard listing 1991 3288 bayliner motor yacht-gctid803517

so my dads bayliner has been sitting for a few years in salt water, noticing she's listing a little more to strb with even amounts of fuel in tanks, is there a known common problem of water getting into the fuel tank supports? is there foam in those voids? i also have another Q about the 18w430 generator, its putting out 120 volts up to the electrical components just before the hour meter, but then nothing to my panel in the salon, the part numbers are rubbed off, it seems to have a small manual reset next to hour meter, could any of these be the cause of no power to panel? as well as when its running theres a steel block behind the head that has what looks like a washer and a grommet on top, there is a little water and air coming out or looks like its boiling, any thoughts? new to this forum and have ALOT of questions before i bring this thing to florida haha.

Well, Welcome!

Nope, no foam in the voids.

Have you turned the power source selector switch from shore to ship? If you have power at the genny, there should be power at the panel. My favorite tool for this kind of tracking is a Klien 120v tester. It's like a big pencil with a tab that can go into an outlet. If there is ac current, the red LED lights up and it starts making noise. If the green light stays on, there's no power. It's great for figuring out if the line, load and neutral wires are connected using the standard colors.

As to the steel block, a picture of it and a quick video would go a long way to helping me, and probably a few others understand what you are looking at.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

No foam, are they sealed voids or are there drains in the bottom? as far as the power yes i tested the leads, have tested everything on shore and when switched to Gen i get nothing, ill see if i can post pics of Gen, thanks for getting back!

Comment

the white cylinder is just above the hour meter and manual reset, i have power to that but not beyond, maybe a bad reset switch? then the pic of the square block with washer on top has small amount of water and air bubbling, or maybe even boiling on top..is it replaceable or a sign of something worse? this is a Farymann generator.

Comment

After looking over the web at Farymann manuals, it looks to me like the cap that's boiling may be part of the exhaust system. That's based on the pictures of newer units from a different angle, but with a similar cap and the hose connection in your picture. If that's the case, the nut on the cap squeezes a rubber plug that may have gone hard. You should be able to use a freeze plug repair plug there.

That electrical thing may be a switch of some sort, like you are thinking. The pictures I was able to find were very weak on electrical systems other than the starter. The good news is this manual has a Koler logo http://atlantismarine.co.uk/Images/U...ile/TP6138.PDF

There are several threads on other forums if you search Farymann diesel marine generator. You may find a decent answer or be able to ask the question there.

Finding out I'd power is leaving the generator and reaching the panel would be my next move. Keep going, we'll get there.
          P/C Pete
          Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
          1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
          Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
          MMSI 367770440

Comment

thanks so much for your time and effort! ill get er chugging along..till next time my friend.

Comment

Working...
            X