No announcement yet.

Trophy Pro 2052 battery setup-gctid803498

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found some time to investigate this situation a little further. Actually, I was fortunate enough to find the original owner and speak with him on the phone. He sold the boat to a neighbor and was pretty much disgusted with the care the boat was given by the new owner. I am now owner number three,

Battery Charger - I have confirmed that the boat has a dual battery charger. I followed the cables to each battery and the original owner indicated that it has a trickle charger.

MMBS - I mistakenly referred to the main battery selector switch (MMBS) as a switch. There is no battery switch (BS). The MMBS is NOT a Red 90 degree sweep Perko. It is a GUEST model (1-both-2-off). It does NOT have any additional small terminals for alternator field protection. I will probably replace this with a MMBS from Blue Sea Systems.

MMBS Wiring - The wiring is correct. However, it does include additional wiring (4 small fused wires and additional Common) connected to battery bank #1. The conversation with the original owner reveals the additional wiring is most likely associated with the radar system - which only operates under batter #1. He basically said battery #1 is typically used and battery #2 is reserved for emergencies. The wiring connection to battery bank #1 was intentional. He mentioned that there is no value in running on BOTH because the batteries will not fully charge under that scenario. The radar is a separate issue but he indicated that there is a procedure for turning on the radar system and that is operates under 48vdc. It must be energized with the engine running to avoid impacts to the batteries. The boat is 12vdc but there is a transformer located near the batter with provides power to the radar.

Action Plan - the plan is to replace the MMBS and batteries as needed (whenever money is free).
    Songman
    2006 Trophy Pro 2052 - 1.7 liter Diesel
    Jacksonville, Florida

Comment

Ha ha

There is no MMBS. I meant MBSS. :silly:
      Songman
      2006 Trophy Pro 2052 - 1.7 liter Diesel
      Jacksonville, Florida

Comment

Working...
      X