Swim ladder-gctid802591

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swim ladder-gctid802591

I'm looking for options to replace the US Marine one step swim ladder on my swim platform. I'd like to replace it with one that has at least 3 or 4 steps, as this one is a joke and more than one person has been hurt on it, including myself trying to climb on the boat with it. Everything I've researched looks like it has to be attached to an extended platform, which I do not have. Any suggestions? Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...FCeldnZG40TEFV

"Slice ofLife" post=802591 wrote:
    I'm looking for options to replace the US Marine one step swim ladder on my swim platform. I'd like to replace it with one that has at least 3 or 4 steps, as this one is a joke and more than one person has been hurt on it, including myself trying to climb on the boat with it. Everything I've researched looks like it has to be attached to an extended platform, which I do not have. Any suggestions? Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...FCeldnZG40TEFV
    IMHO, you have a few options. You can get the kind that hang off the gunwale, stern or sides. You can get one made, with a hinge that pivots up and down, with a block to hold it away from the hull. On get one made that slides up and down in a track. I had a telescoping one, but it didn't last long in a saltwater environment.
    "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

Comment

Here's a photo of the ladder we had fabricated for our 4087.

Attached files

Comment

Can I simply remove the one step ladder that's built inside the platform right now and drill in as a direct replacement for any of these? It seems like I'd have to drill new holes, and I'm concerned the new installation wouldn't be able to support the weight.

Comment

"Slice ofLife" post=802762 wrote:
          Can I simply remove the one step ladder that's built inside the platform right now and drill in as a direct replacement for any of these? It seems like I'd have to drill new holes, and I'm concerned the new installation wouldn't be able to support the weight.
          Could you explain that? What style/type are you looking at adding?
          "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
          MMSI: 367637220
          HAM: KE7TTR
          TDI tech diver
          BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
          Kevin

Comment

In our cast the ladder bolts to an aluminium plate about two by three feet. There is another plate under the marlin board (swim platform), and the two plates are bolted together.

We had this ladder on a different boat with a teak platform, and this one for over ten years. No issue with support, even climbing up with SCUBA gear.

Comment

Dear Slice of Life: Since new, we had complained of the ladder on our 2007 325. My wife and I have adapted "cat like" balance and used the "touch and feel" method of exiting via ladder. Many of our friends with any sort of disability have difficulty trying to desend the ladder

Dear Slice of Life: Since new, we have cursed our 325's ladder. It's hidden under the swim platform and on going down the ladder one must use the "toe touch and feel method" to find each step on the ladder. My wife and I have learned to use "cat like" agility to navigate the darn ladder. Many of our friends with any degree of disability have complained about the ladder. I actually contacted Bayliner about this years ago, and Bayliner was not sympathetic. I guess it's a cost item. So you are not alone. Wishing you the best, Griff.

Comment

Maybe you could adapt Something like this orThis one
                Dave
                Edmonds, WA
                "THE FIX"
                '93 2556
                Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
                Misc. projects thread
                https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

I completely agree Griff, that undermount was the worst ladder ever. When I got a bigger swim platform I specifically had the ladder mounted on TOP this time. Make sure you can easily get to it whatever you do. Maybe some type of swim platform is the way to go here. A generic one that has one in it already. Would give you another stepping point too'
                  Making Memories
                  2007 Bayliner 325
                  Dual 350 MAGs on Bravo III

Comment

Working...
                  X