X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabman, I need your assistance!-gctid802310

Tabman,

I also sent you a PM.

First, I want to thank you for your extremely helpful and customer-centric assistance to me (in the past) and also to all others who have needed your expertise. Thank you!

Now my issue, which you had already helped with but I think I still have a problem. My boat is stationed in Turkey though I live here in the USA. So, I purchase stuff here and take them over there for installation. At the present I have Bennet hydraulic trim tabs and I have purchased the ATC to add to my boat when I go there this summer. Laying out the various components and checking interconnections I think I have a problem!

On pages 12-13 of the installation instructions there are two, almost identical diagrams. Page 12 is for non-electronic trim tab controls, and page 13 is for electronic indicator controls. My problem is I have the electronic indicator control, as pictured on page 13, but the Relay Module that came with the kit is like the one on page 12. This means, I do NOT have a port on the relay module to connect to my (Existing) Electronic Indicator Control). I think I need the version of the relay module that has that port on it, as pictured on page 13.

Can you please help me out. Can I send you the relay module that was sent to me (absolutely unused) and receive the correct module? Otherwise, how do I go about adding the ATC to my existing system? If necessary, I am willing to pay extra for the required module since, without that, I can't install the ATC on my boat at all. Please help!

Thanks,
    Retired, computer expert / executive
    Bayliner 285 Cruiser / Mercruiser QSD 4.2L 320 HP Diesel
    Live in the Bay Area, CA, USA, boat in Turkey
    D-Marin @ Turgutreis in Bodrum/Turkey
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Tabman,

Here is what I have on my dashboard. It is a separate electronic indicator plus two rocker switches for control.

The ATC module that I ordered from Hodges Marine has MFG # AC3000, item 29573 (this may be their number) and also shows E.C.12.1 as "LOC" (I don't know what LOC is).

Diagram on page 12 of installation instruction shows two rocker switches going into the ATC control unit using ATC 4-color 6' Wire Harness (WH3006). I have one of those in the kit. I also have the PT109 pigtail.

However, this doesn't show what will happen to the electronic indicator module.

The diagram on page 13 of installation manual shows EIC (Existing) that has both the toggle switches and led indicators, going into the Relay Module, which is different than the relay module that I have.

The relay module that I have has "Bennett Marine Relay Module Standard 12vDC 20 A MFG # RM Sales RM# RM12 on it. A separate label shows P-39A on it.

I suppose there are two possibilities;

1) I should ignore my existing electronic indicator module, let it remain connected as is, and I should use the 6' WH3006 to connect from my rocker switches to the ATC Control unit, OR

2) I need a new relay module.

I am hoping that solution 1 will work and I raised an issue where no issue existed!

Thank you a bunch!
    Bayliner 285 Cruiser / Mercruiser QSD 4.2L 320 HP Diesel
    Live in the Bay Area, CA, USA, boat in Turkey
    D-Marin @ Turgutreis in Bodrum/Turkey
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Comment

As usual,

Tabman resolved my issue quickly.

Thanks, Tabman