cabin window leak help - 242-gctid802165

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cabin window leak help - 242-gctid802165

I have a bayliner 244 with a leak in the front cabin windows, they set in and have no frames, I wonder if anyone has had to deal with trying to reseal these without removing and having to re-bed them?

Pictures would help too.

Thanks

I had the same problem when I bought mine. I found threads on here about this. What I did was take a razor knife and remove the old silicone as best you can. Clean with alcohol. Then I mask the windows glass and around the trough you created. I filled the gap with flexible silicone, 3M 3200 Black I think. Smooth it out as you go as it sets up pretty quick. When tacked up pretty good remove the masking tape. It's been 2 years and no leaks ! There may be better ways , but that is what I did. Good luck
    I knew I was in trouble when those ducks stood up ! Ice ahead !
    Bayliner 1992 2452 Classic
    5.0 Alpha 1

Comment

Here is how to fix it correctly and pretty much forever but you need to remove the window. I have done one of mine so far and 5 more to go!

Once you have all the old silicon removed outside you have the hard part done actually. Inside all you need to do it run a long style utility knife around it a few times and it will then pop right out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQyjxVUskd8
      Pat. Sandpoint Ida
      I NEED ANOTHER BOAT!!

Comment

That was the approach I had in mind, see no reason to go to all the work of removing and rebedding. Glad to hear it was successful for you, I will get to it this weekend.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X