Flojet water pump on a 1999 Bayliner Ciera 3055 will not turn on-gctid801953

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Thanks SprinterX. I am going to buy a voltmeter tomorrow and go through all of the recommendations you wrote. I haven't used one before, but I'll do some research tonight.

Thank you again!

-Eileen

Leave a comment:

• SprinterX
    replied
    "Offtheboat15" post=801957 wrote:
    I tried the wiggle test and no luck, everything looks to be connected well. It's all faucets, not just one...so I'm guessing it's the pump itself. The filter next to it looks very clean. I don't have a voltmeter but it sounds like a good investment!
    A voltmeter is a must for your boat tool kit. Do you know how to use one?

If the pump is working intermittently it doesn't necessarily mean it's failed.

1) With your new voltmeter, check continuity and power thru the on/off switch.

2) If the switch tests serviceable, I'd focus on the pressure switch at the pump. With no pressure in the system you should have continuity thru the switch. That continuity will connect 12V DC power thru the "On" selected on/off switch to the pump motor. If the pressure switch is at fault I'd be inclined to research a replacement vs a complete pump/sw assy. I suspect the switch would prove far cheaper than the complete package.

3) If the on/off switch and the pressure switch test serviceable then it could be the pump. I'd still test and confirm the pump motor by connecting 12V DC power directly to it, bypassing the system pressure switch and the on/off switch.

Hope I was able to explain it clearly and it helps with your troubleshooting.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for the help Norton Rider. I tried the wiggle test and no luck, everything looks to be connected well. It's all faucets, not just one...so I'm guessing it's the pump itself. The filter next to it looks very clean. I don't have a voltmeter but it sounds like a good investment!

Leave a comment:

• Norton_Rider
    replied
    Here's a few comments and/or things to check:

Does this happen with all faucets, or just one? If just one it could be a clogged aerator on the faucet; unscrew it and clean it.

Does the pump have a strainer on it, or between it and the pump? If so, clean it out.

Open a faucet. Do a "wiggle test" on the wires at the pump and see if it works or doesn't. This may expose a loose connection.

Cut or unplug the wires at the pump. Use a voltmeter to see if they have power. Wiggle them as you test.

If all the above checks are OK, chances are the pump has a bad pressure switch. It's usually cheaper to just replace the whole pump with a new one.

Leave a comment:

• Flojet water pump on a 1999 Bayliner Ciera 3055 will not turn on-gctid801953

Hello,

I am having problems with my water pump, and I don't know much about how they work.

It started not functioning after I filled the tank. So I'd go out, fill the boat with the hose, come back inside, turn on the faucet and nothing. I've tried flipping the water pump switch on and off...nothing. Then magically it would turn on maybe an hour or so later.

This happened once, then worked normal a few times, then happened each time. I've filled and run the water out to clean the holding tank twice in a row, and the third/last fill resulted in no water.

The last time the pump worked was this morning; I washed the dishes, went about my routine, came back to the boat and no water. The pump won't turn on.

I've only had this boat for about 3 1/2 months, and I can't find the original manual or purchase date for the water pump. The wires all seem to be in place and the fuse isn't popped out. There is some water underneath the pump.

I'm not sure how long the pumps normally last. I found the manual online however, and followed the instructions for operation and fill....still nothing. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Working...
X