Northstar 962 chartplotter-gctid801828

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northstar 962 chartplotter-gctid801828

Hello all I have a northstar 962 chartplotter that I got at a really good price. I hooked it all up and turned it on and it just powers up beeps and shuts off then restarts with the same results. My question is has anyone experienced this and/or is there a way to factory reset these units I'm getting frustrated looking for info online. Thanks in advance!

Check the power/gnd connections and your battery voltage. If voltage is too low chart plotters and other electronic devices may show this symptom. If you have two batteries, select the other battery to see if that changes the situation.

Good luck!
    Retired, computer expert / executive
    Bayliner 285 Cruiser / Mercruiser QSD 4.2L 320 HP Diesel
    Live in the Bay Area, CA, USA, boat in Turkey
    D-Marin @ Turgutreis in Bodrum/Turkey
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Comment

Thank you I should have stated that I just wired it up to bench test it as the boat is still in storage I will charge the battery and try again. I'm hoping it's a simple fix as I got it for a steal!

Comment

Ok so I contacted the PO of this unit and was told that it was wired for 24V in the previous boat it was in. The chartplotter is rated to run on 12-36V if it was previous running on 24V would it run on 12V or are there different setting to set it up for 24V?

Comment

"1978LibertyProject" post=801863 wrote:
          Ok so I contacted the PO of this unit and was told that it was wired for 24V in the previous boat it was in. The chartplotter is rated to run on 12-36V if it was previous running on 24V would it run on 12V or are there different setting to set it up for 24V?
          I just looked at the installation manual (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/30...hstar-961.html). The unit works on 10-40 VDC without any change in settings.

Incidentally, hopefully your chartplotter already has this software update installed: http://www.panbo.com/archives/2008/0..._affected.html. I do not believe that the update is available anymore.
          1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
          2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
          Anacortes, WA

Comment

I have a cd with the latest software vet I think it's 5.06

Comment

Working...
            X