Chirp Sonar Hub-gctid801674

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chirp Sonar Hub-gctid801674

I have the Lowrance HDS Gen2 12" touch, getting ready to add their Chirp Sonar Hub. Can not make up my mind on which transducer to use. Has anyone had experience using this Chirp Sonar and have any comments on it and recommendations for a transducer. Thanks
    1999 2859 Volvo D4 260 DPH:arr

I have simrad setup with sonar hub as well. we Scuba dive manly so we we went the structure scan and a Forward scan as well a chirp. You need to decide what you want to see (ie Structure or Fish) and what depth ranges are most important. In our case we wanted the most detail at the 0-150 range so choose ours based on that. Most allow for a few frequency options so we can adjust them a bit.

Not sure that helps you a ton, but Chirp is much more detailed and what ever you choose will be amazing to a standard old school transducer.
    Mark
    USCG OUPV
    1990 4588
    Carlsbad, CA

Comment

Thanks for the info and yes it helped

Comment

Hi Dan, hope you post your pick I have the Lowrance touch 10 so would like to up grade, so many options it gets confusing.
        Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
        96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

It looks like I'm going to stay with the 50/200 that I have as Lowarance says it will work fine with the Chirp Sonar Hub. Will try it out and if not happy will try a different one. I' also getting the LSS2 structure scan to replace my old LSS1. The new one will go through the same hub as the Chirp, so can get rid of the old LSS1 hub. My boat is still snowed in in storage. Went and checked today and hope weather permitting in 2weeks I can get it home and get the changes made and then in the water.

Comment

Working...
          X