Opening up deck entry on Ciera Sunbridge-gctid801650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening up deck entry on Ciera Sunbridge-gctid801650

We have a '87 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 2550. This is one that has a "step over" entry on to the back deck from the swim platform. The step over is about 18". It's creating issues and we want to cut the stepover out and have an open walk entrance from the swim platform to the deck. Obviously much fiberglass work is required. Main question is has anyone out there done anything like this? We ASSUME there is wood in the step wall, but don't know. We want to find someone in the Atlanta area that could do this. So....has anyone done this or know anyone that has. Any advice or opinions appreciated and thanks in advance.

You would be the first. The entire transom is cored wood, and I am not sure how this is going to look/function as a result.

I do believe there was a gent here about 5 years ago who refurbished a 1984 2750, and did something like this. I do not remember his name though.
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Starting from MY 94, BL started putting these on a 2855 & yes it makes a big difference.

Any good fiberglass fabricator can do it... will cost $4000~5000 most likely.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/index....m-door-project
      Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
      Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
      93 3058 sold
      92 2855 (day boat)
      91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
      Longbranch WA
      Life is Good

Comment

And thanks so much for the transom pictures!

Comment

NP, or

DIY cheap...cut all 3 sides, finish / seat it with starboard , put a hinged thin starboard door,
          Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
          Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
          93 3058 sold
          92 2855 (day boat)
          91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
          Longbranch WA
          Life is Good

Comment

Working...
          X