Survey help-gctid801509

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survey help-gctid801509

Hey I would love for someone to help read over a boat survey about a boat I'm thinking of buying. What price would you offer for this boat ? And what stands out ? to not buy or to buy the boat ? ... I really love this style

Ps sorry about the images here is a link to the survey as a PDF.

link to the survey

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhXADr23GL0ltjePYpxyRKzz3GbI

Attached files

"Filming movies and making dreams"
    California and British Columbia
    Jesse Harris Ôÿò´©ÅÔøÁ´©Å?

Here is the rest of the survey

Attached files

Comment

It would be nice if I could read it, but I cannot find a way to blow it up enough to do so.
      Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
      Twin 350 GM power
      Located in Seward, AK
      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

"Funboxfilms" post=801511 wrote:
        A little more detail would be nice, like if you filled out your profile, we would know a little more about you, like where you are and if you have any relative skills.

IMHO - after exporting your images and blowing them up, ....you have lots of delaminating issues, and some fairly major corrosion. But a better indicator that this boat sat for a long time, is the empty and low battery chambers with corroded terminals. Then there's half the helm switches don't work, separation and delaminating fiberglass near the outdrives, spent zincs, etc. The survey says there was work being done on it, so it appears someone is attempting to resurrect it to sell.

The survey states a boat value of $38K. I doubt that, but I don't know that much about that model. I also have no clue what they want for it. Whatever it is, I hope you like working on boats, because that is a project boat. Personally, I'd pass and keep looking.

It also needs a sea trial, because if those engines are anything like the rest of the boat, you could be in a world of hurt if you bought it without knowing how it runs.

What are they asking for it?
        "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
        MMSI: 367637220
        HAM: KE7TTR
        TDI tech diver
        BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
        Kevin

Comment

They are asking 32k ,

Link to the survey

Comment

Comment

It would help if you fill in your profile and signature.

Was this survey done for you? If so, it may be better to sit down with the surveyor to go over it.

Also, this boat may belong to another BOC member. Myself and others may be hesitant to openly discuss prices because of this.
              1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
              2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
              Anacortes, WA

Comment

No it was done by the owner because he's trying to sell it ,

And thanks for the tips ,I'm new at this. And I hope to be an active member soon. I'm just trying to buy a boat that's not gonna explode on me as soon as I get it so any info is good info . Cheers

Comment

"Norton Rider" post=801522 wrote:
                  It would help if you fill in your profile and signature.

Was this survey done for you? If so, it may be better to sit down with the surveyor to go over it.

Also, this boat may belong to another BOC member. Myself and others may be hesitant to openly discuss prices because of this.
                  Good points, NR. I would still want to sea trial it.

I guess I should also ask, is the asking in CA$ or US$?
                  "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
                  TDI tech diver
                  Kevin

Comment

It's Canadian $

Comment

"CptCrunchie" post=801515 wrote:
                      "Funboxfilms" post=801511 wrote:
                      A little more detail would be nice, like if you filled out your profile, we would know a little more about you, like where you are and if you have any relative skills.

IMHO - after exporting your images and blowing them up, ....you have lots of delaminating issues, and some fairly major corrosion. But a better indicator that this boat sat for a long time, is the empty and low battery chambers with corroded terminals. Then there's half the helm switches don't work, separation and delaminating fiberglass near the outdrives, spent zincs, etc. The survey says there was work being done on it, so it appears someone is attempting to resurrect it to sell.

The survey states a boat value of $38K. I doubt that, but I don't know that much about that model. I also have no clue what they want for it. Whatever it is, I hope you like working on boats, because that is a project boat. Personally, I'd pass and keep looking.

It also needs a sea trial, because if those engines are anything like the rest of the boat, you could be in a world of hurt if you bought it without knowing how it runs.

What are they asking for it?
                      This is all great info the person selling it is trying to pass it off as not much work ? I personally don't know what delaminating costs to fix or what the problems it can lead to if it's minor like the owner is saying I might be able to deal with it if the price is reflected in the sale , this boat comes with a year moorage that's worth about 7k that's a bounds in Vancouver where there is little spots to Moore downtown

Comment

"Funboxfilms" post=801531 wrote:
                        This is all great info the person selling it is trying to pass it off as not much work ? I personally don't know what delaminating costs to fix or what the problems it can lead to if it's minor like the owner is saying I might be able to deal with it if the price is reflected in the sale , this boat comes with a year moorage that's worth about 7k that's a bounds in Vancouver where there is little spots to Moore downtown
                        You are in the right forum to ask. Suggest you take each item - like dealing with delamination, corrosion, and a few other items you need to deal with - and start a thread for each. Show lots of photos.

I can't tell you anything about the price, but I do believe that it is worth exactly what you are willing to pay for it. I doubt anyone here could evaluate it off a survey, but Craigslist and YachtWorld should give you a good range.

All things considered, for what he's asking, best you take it on a sea trial.

PS: Looking your mailbox.
                        TDI tech diver
                        Kevin

Comment

"Funboxfilms" post=801523 wrote:
                          No it was done by the owner because he's trying to sell it ,

And thanks for the tips ,I'm new at this. And I hope to be an active member soon. I'm just trying to buy a boat that's not gonna explode on me as soon as I get it so any info is good info . Cheers
                          Quick read of the survey suggests this boat needs a ton of work. It won't be a "Funbox". The survey is only partial -- nothing about the engines, but it really sounds like there are major concerns with almost every system on the boat -- electrical, plumbing, and hull. The moisture evident and hull delaminations sound like this boat has not been well cared for -- compound that with the dry batteries, leaking tanks etc... You're looking at a sink hole of money here as there is no report on the engines. I assume that the engine maintenance reflects that of the hull.

If you really want to do this.... first -- get your own surveys!!! Don't rely on one paid for by someone else - make sure the surveyor works for you, not the owner. Try to get the surveyor to provide you with high level cost estimates for the repairs. Also, get an engine survey done along with a sea trial.

What do you plan to do with this boat? Is it for floating around in Vancouver or do you plan to make longer distance trips?
                          Terry
                          1999 Bayliner 3388
                          Twin Cummins 4BTA
                          Fisherman, Cruiser, Boaticus-enthusiasticus-maximus
                          Member Royal Victoria Yacht Club

Comment

Walk away and find a boat that does not need much work, a boat that needs a lot of work is a boat that has not been cared for, what else is wrong that you cannot see.
                            Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                            Twin 350 GM power
                            Located in Seward, AK
                            Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Sorry, To much work for the price. The amount of

money you'll spend and your labor time is minus boating time. Find a better boat as they are out there. Garchar hmy:
                              GARCHAR
                              1988 2655
                              2009 Volvo Penta 5.7 300 hp DP F3s
                              Twice Past Commodore
                              Northwest Outboard Trailer Sailors, Eugene,OR

Comment

Working...
                              X