HELP Newbie to Bayliner-gctid801155

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP Newbie to Bayliner-gctid801155

I have been looking for a 1985 or 1986 Red/White 2450 Ciera for years. I found one BUT it does not have Shorepower, has ICE BOX- no refrig-what is the difference and Alcohol stove needs rebuilding .Additionally, bathroom has porti potty. The rest of it is good- engine, drive and new interior. Asking $5000 with Trailer. Is it possible to convert it to shore power, add a toliet and Frig. Also no hot water heater- just a base model I guess. Any ideas- should I keep looking? Thanks

That is the factory configuration. The dealer would swap out the porta potty for a marine toilet and holding tank, but that's about where options stopped. We bought our 1985 blue sunbridge in December of '84 and put a lot of hours on it with very few problems. I added shore power so the batteries would be up and heat. You can add the shore power, fridge, hot water tank and marine msd system.

I also added doors to the fronts of the lounge fronts so the seat didn't need to be messed with to get into the locker.

It's a great boat. Ours had a 305 and would do well into the 40's.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Thanks-but how much would that cost and I would have to have it done.. Where do I start

Comment

If you can do it yourself just price out all the stuff and order it. If not take it to a marina and have them quote you the price then after waking up from the fainting seriously consider doing it your self.
        Pat. Sandpoint Ida
        I NEED ANOTHER BOAT!!

Comment

"alleng8304" post=801169 wrote:
          Thanks-but how much would that cost and I would have to have it done. Where do I start
          For what you want, unless you are COMPLETELY set on that boat, I would keep my eyes open. For what they want plus what it will cost you, you can find a lot of better deals around. To me, $5K plus another $2K-ish would buy you a lot of boat ...with trailer.

You haven't filled in your profile, so I don't know where you are. But here is one in Utah that already has everything you want with a $5500 asking.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1985...s#.WN2qZBhonI4
          "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
          MMSI: 367637220
          HAM: KE7TTR
          TDI tech diver
          BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
          Kevin

Comment

Actually there are two in Utah- one is 4599 the one I looked at and the you sent is 5500. Yes it has everything I want-BUT what is that grey stripe- that wasn't factory was it?? Plus the one for 5500 is ugly inside. Thanks i will keep looking. I am in South Carolina

Comment

"alleng8304" post=801186 wrote:
              Actually there are two in Utah- one is 4599 the one I looked at and the you sent is 5500. Yes it has everything I want-BUT what is that grey stripe- that wasn't factory was it?? Plus the one for 5500 is ugly inside. Thanks i will keep looking. I am in South Carolina
              NP. It would help us greatly if you filled your profile so we immediately know where you are. That way we can better assist you. Just click on your name, hit edit, and go from there.
              "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
              MMSI: 367637220
              HAM: KE7TTR
              TDI tech diver
              BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
              Kevin

Comment

Personally I would keep looking.

I have added a ton to my boats over the years. AC, Windlass, Radar to name just a few. I built a cabinet to hold a microwave and coffee maker. Wood floor.

The 2450 was made with shore power. If that is the boat you want I would keep looking for one with the factory set up. Personally I would rather install a marine head and holding tank vs. install shore power.

Good luck with the search. If you are looking for a cruiser you can tow look at the 2750 as well.
                Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
                1998 3055 Ciera
                (yes, a 1998)
                Previous boat: 1993 3055
                Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
                Sea Doo XP
                Sea Doo GTI SE
                Life is short. Boats are cool.
                The family that plays together stays together.
                Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

I'm curious why you are looking for a 1985 2450. Why that specific year and model. The '86 hull and configuration are the same as the '85 and actually goes back to '84 although the '84 hull color was beige.
                  P/C Pete
                  Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
                  1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
                  Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
                  MMSI 367770440

Comment

"CptCrunchie" post=801179 wrote:
                    "alleng8304" post=801169 wrote:
                    Thanks-but how much would that cost and I would have to have it done. Where do I start
                    For what you want, unless you are COMPLETELY set on that boat, I would keep my eyes open. For what they want plus what it will cost you, you can find a lot of better deals around. To me, $5K plus another $2K-ish would buy you a lot of boat ...with trailer.

You haven't filled in your profile, so I don't know where you are. But here is one in Utah that already has everything you want with a $5500 asking.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1985...s#.WN2qZBhonI4
                    ^^ That's a 2550, not a 2450.
                    Matt Train
                    BOC Site Team
                    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Actually I would rather have an 86 but would settle for a 85 in good shape. I would even go to 2550. The 2750 is a little big for me. Also want Red/white Thanks

Comment

Why 86?
                        Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
                        Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
                        93 3058 sold
                        92 2855 (day boat)
                        91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
                        Longbranch WA
                        Life is Good

Comment

Working...
                        X