No announcement yet.

How difficult is it to install a spotlight in a 1999 3055 Cierra?-gctid800654

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How difficult is it to install a spotlight in a 1999 3055 Cierra?-gctid800654

So I'd like to have a remote operated spotlight on the bow of our boat. Can somebody give me an idea how difficult this might be? I'm reasonably handy but haven't really tackled any work on this vessel yet. Also looking for suggestions on good models to go with. Any help is appreciated, even if it's "not worth your time have a professional install it" lol.
    1999 Bayliner 3055 Ciera Sunbridge
    "Home Office"
    Home port Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Make certain that the mounting location does not allow the bow light to illuminate any portion of the hull.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Does it look one was previously there? The factory installed was mounted on the bow rail via a plate welded in place. If that is there, and the wiring is still intact then it is easy as you can still purchase the same spotlight.

If that is not present then wounding to the deck would be the best option Running the harness to the helm will not be difficult at all. You will have easy access thru the anchor rode locker. From there you can run it thru the storage compartments, thru the front hanging locker, along to the back hanging locker and up to the helm. There is an access panel to the helm from the aft cabin.

You will get to know some of the nooks and crannies of your boat as well. It is a fairly straightforward project. Good luck. Phil.
      Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
      1998 3055 Ciera
      (yes, a 1998)
      Previous boat: 1993 3055
      Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
      Sea Doo XP
      Sea Doo GTI SE
      Life is short. Boats are cool.
      The family that plays together stays together.
      Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

I don't think it ever had one installed. There isn't a plate on the bow rail and no switch for one on the helm. I'll be able to get to the boat on the 20th of next month so I'll do a crawl around and see what the effort looks like. Thanks for the feedback!
        1999 Bayliner 3055 Ciera Sunbridge
        "Home Office"
        Home port Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Comment

Working...
        X