Will house bank charge off the alternators on a 2003 305-gctid396021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will house bank charge off the alternators on a 2003 305-gctid396021

It occurs to me I've never been away from the dock long enough to worry about this..Would you guys expect my house bank to charge off the engines alternators? I sure think it would, but for some reason I have a vague nagging memory of the previous owner saying he didn't think so. I'm also searching for some justification to go buy a Honda EU2000i

Unless it was alltered or never set up to to be in the system yeah the alternator will charge the house. If not it would ne easy enough to set it up to charge. You may have to jave the battery switch set to "all" to charge them. But then you never rrad this you really need a generator.
    1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
    twin 454's
    MV Mar-Y-Sol
    1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
    Twin chevy 350's inboard
    Ben- Jamin
    spokane Washington

Comment

I think each alternator charges a separate bank. My starboard engine charges my house bank.

Comment

Here are a few easy solutions if your MBSS is not set up to do the trick.

ACR p/n 7610.... 120 amp rated

ACR p/n 7621 .... 300 amp rated

Automatic Charge Relay p/n 7620 is rated at up to 350 Amps, and is also an automatic battery combiner.

Automatic Charge Relay p/n 7622 is rated at up to 500 Amps, and is also an automatic battery combiner with lock-off capability.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Working...
        X