new to bayliner ownership... need help ! won(39)t start-gctid396017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I have a force motor 2235. thanks for the wiring diagram. when I bought the boat the guy broke the kill switch, he replaced it with a screw. Sometimes the boat will run perfect. I figure it is something simple, I'm just over looking it...

Hell I don't even get any reading on my volt meter,going this morning to get a new one try it again. and replace the kill switch. I'll let you know if it works

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Is it a Force outbord, or a Merc? It's a big difference!

If it is a Force, it is actually what the Chrsler outboards evolved into, and has nothing to do with Mercury.

Check out the Iboats.com Chryser/Force forum...they have some experts out there.

Again, if it's a Force, it's likely a prestolite CDI ignition, and the troubleshooting is different than any points style ignition system. Are you looking at a 4 cylinder, one coil per cylinder?

Ifr so, to shut down the spark they actually short the 'magneto' source to common, otherwise it will run forever!

Try these:

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread....25+force+spark

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread....25+force+spark

The second one has a wiring diagram in it.

Chay

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    +1 kill switch? The most common problem for non-starters.... Mine even kills the engine if it looks like it's in the correct position.. I have to push it really up to make sure it gives contact.

sometimes they go completely South....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    tried that ,

still no fire......

Leave a comment:

• Alaskanmutt
    BOC Site Team

• Alaskanmutt
    replied
    Kill switch?

Should be by throttle. Little pin that needs to be held out

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic new to bayliner ownership... need help ! won(39)t start-gctid396017

new to bayliner ownership... need help ! won(39)t start-gctid396017

Hi everyone, have a 86 2235 with 125hp force outboard. won't start.

replaced battery, no fire to spark plugs, no power to coils any advice ?????
Working...
X