VR5 Height on Trailer-gctid793889

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VR5 Height on Trailer-gctid793889

Any VR5 owners out there that could give me a height on the standard trailer with the extreme tower folded down?

Thanks
    2017 Bayliner VR5

I don't have the extreme tower but I could measure with the bimini down if that would help. Let me know.
    Ron

2016 VR5 - 4.5 Mercruiser

2017 Ram Crew Cab - 4X4 - 5.7 Hemi

Comment

If you could that would be great.

Height to the top of the windshield should be pretty close to what I'm trying to determine - if it will fit through my garage door (I have 7'-6" headroom to be on the safe side).

Thanks again.
      2017 Bayliner VR5

Comment

You're looking at around 90" at the windshield center.
        Ron

2016 VR5 - 4.5 Mercruiser

2017 Ram Crew Cab - 4X4 - 5.7 Hemi

Comment

Wow it's going to be close - looks like the tower base supports might be slightly higher than the windshield going by some of the pictures online. Fingers crossed I can make it fit!!

Many thanks for checking this out for me, really appreciate it.
          2017 Bayliner VR5

Comment

Anybody with the extreme tower fitted that could give me an exact height with the tower folded down (standard trailer)?
            2017 Bayliner VR5

Comment

Did you get your official answer yet? I bought my VR5 with Xtreme Tower and the idea for the summer was to have it ready to go out from my home garage. This is something I tried to find out from dealer when I bought it but he was unable to provide me with this info.

Either way with a early may delivery date I'll found out eventually.

Comment

Still waiting for feedback from the dealer who has sent request directly to Bayliner, hopefully hear something soon.
                2017 Bayliner VR5

Comment

Good news!! Got the boat home yesterday and no problems fitting through garage door. Height on trailer with tower folded down is under 89 inches.
                  2017 Bayliner VR5

Comment

Freechip - when you collect your boat, be sure to have them demonstrate the bimini top fit-up. Turns out the factory drilled the two securing points on my tower 45 degrees out i.e. they were pointing upwards at 45 deg rather than horizontal making it impossible to secure the bimini top in position. Thankfully found this at the dealers and they are going to have a new frame delivered.
                    2017 Bayliner VR5

Comment

@ Flying Scotsman - I took delivery of my boat last Friday - What a beauty.... Was pleasantly surprised to see the new version of the bimini (bigger). However it was clear when towing back home that this beast would NOT fit in my garage. In my area, residential garage door opening on average are 7'. But of the top of my head, the folding point of the tower appeared to be higher than 89" BUT at this point for me it doesn't matter since it is clear it doesn't fit.

Attached files

Comment

Freechip, I'm still waiting for my replacement tower after the bimini holes were drilled in the wrong location - dealer advised they had two boats delivered with the same problem, QC down in Mexico not quite got it 100% yet! Other than that we are delighted with the boat.

I Installed a Simrad GO5 XSE which fits nicely in the right hand corner of the dash and sacrificed the cup holder for a mount rather than drill holes.

Happy boating and keep me posted on how things go after the break-in period. Pity about the garage fit, but with a boat like that why not show it off outside!!
                        2017 Bayliner VR5

Comment

My brother has more experience with wakeboard towers having a Axis A22 (Malibu) and he suggested that with the tower, constantly opening and closing it may NOT be optimal and this could lead to stripping out that main bolt. Doing so would pretty much ruin your tower since this bolt/point in the tower is crucial to proper operation. A friend of his did this and now the tower is not secured (tight).

Be careful folding yours if you plan to do so every time you go out on the water.

As for your comment about QC down Mexico, I know what you mean. Had a few issues that could have be fixed prior to pickup BUT unfortunately I picked it up Friday afternoon and the dealer service guys missed a few things.

1) bilge pump bracket broken

2) motor hatch latch lose

3) boat trim versus trailer trim functions crossed wired or something causing the normal boat trim to trim all the way up

Comment

Working...
                          X