1987 ciera2555-gctid395279

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 ciera2555-gctid395279

need input on low rpm, rebuilt motor ,carb ,elec ignitition kit.timing 10btdc, clean bottom, 15x17 prop,cant get over 3800rpm during operation, drivind me crazy.

After you have exhausted all efforts re; fuel, fuel filters, carburetor, compression, plugs and plug wires, ESA interferance, hull clean, prop in good condition, and so on..... look at what your ignition is doing regarding the progressive spark lead (advance).

No proper spark lead @ 3k RPM or so........ NO performance!

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

thanx for replying, how do i check

Comment

glenn_ranucc wrote:
        thanx for replying, how do i check
        Somewhere in http://"http://www.baylinerownersclu... recent thread this is mentioned (including installing the timing degree decal), and with a link to the BOC Vault thread that will lead you to a thread or two that will explain how to check TA (total advance).

The problem with setting BASE advance only, is that we don't give ourselves a chance to see what the ignition is doing above BASE RPM.

We fire up and idle on BASE advance ONLY..... above that, BASE is rather meaningless in terms of performance.

Rusty or sticking flyweights, and/or compromized flyweight springs, can and will affect the progressive advance curve.

To test for this, you'll be running the engine and will be increasing RPM as you strobe the timing marks.

You'll need to find your OEM ignition advance specs, and check against them.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Working...
        X