Warning Alarm-gctid394755

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning Alarm-gctid394755

I have a 350 MPI, raw water cooled. A week ago as I was about to head back to the marina and as I hit 3000 RPM's the steady warning alarm goes off. I let off the throtle it goes off. Checked Oil, fine. Checked drive oil level fine. Temp seems fine, I even checked it at the marina by running it while in neutral 175. Did it under load while my wife driving got in the engine bay with the IR gun way below 165. So I decided to try to see what would happen when I pushed it passed 3000 and it wouldn't go past 3000 it even kicked it down to 2800. Now Iam really confused. Do I have a bad sensor somwhere. I have read all past posts and none apply. Engine is new since 2009. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'd say its a defective sensor. Did you have the mechanic hook it up to the diagnostic computer?

Comment

I agree, something odd is going on. I would have it hooked up to diagnostic equipment and get exactly whats wrong sorted. I do belive those engines can limit themselves to prevent any further damage, if you have a bad sensor it may be doing just that.

Comment

MPI will sound constant for low oil pressure, high coolant temp, engine overspeed, raw water pressure low.

The raw water pressure will likely be the culprit. Have you changed the impeller this year?
        Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

SomeSailor wrote:
          MPI will sound constant for low oil pressure, high coolant temp, engine overspeed, raw water pressure low.

The raw water pressure will likely be the culprit. Have you changed the impeller this year?
          +1....sounds like it kicked into Guardian mode.
          Ted
          2005 288 Command Bridge
          350 Mag MPI / BRAVO III

Every Day Is Saturday

Comment

The impeller was changed last season. That is the two things I need to check before I get the mechanic involved is the impeller and the exhaust manifolds for blockage.

Comment

Working...
            X