1989 2556 waste tank cleaning?-gctid394409

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 2556 waste tank cleaning?-gctid394409

The tank on my 2556 hasnt been pumped in 12 years that i know of....I bought it about 12 years ago and it had been drydocked for 7 before that. My question is, should i try to half fill and add anything to it to loosen up any solid or scale? I plan on using a bucket and macerating on my trailer at least twice. I've been told the odor after a long dry spell can be terrible......I have never used a marine pump station, any hints on using that at my local marina? I have a waste tank fitting but don't see a vent to open anywhere? Thanks for the help.....

Hi,I purchased our boat after it sat for a long time also. I'm not sure of what products to put in your tank to loosen up the contents. I would try a few times with water first. What I experienced with ours and don't want you to experience is a plugged vent. The vent is located just below the waste deck fitting on the hullside. Located inside the vent is a screen that can get plugged by insects or corrossion or an overfilled waste tank. Our 1 1/2" hose from the head to the waste tank was plugged(not a fun job to clear). We found out about the plugged vent while pumping out at the marina. With the vent plugged the vacuum of the pumpout station implodded our waste tank luckily we realized it just in time before it broke. Hope this helps. Pep
    Pep & Felicia
    1991 3288 150 hino's

Comment

Thanks Pep, im going to remove the macerator and rebuild it after i empty, im sure the impeller is hard as a rock. All my lines are clear, i installed a new hand pump and joker valve. My kids have run liquid into the tank a few times, so far there is no smell. I hope it stays that way........

Comment

Just an update on the waste tank cleaning....used dock pump with no problems at all. The macerater pump was fine, bad connection at upper switch. It will now pump out offshore when i"m fishing the oil rigs. So far i hav'nt used it and since the dock pump is free, i dont really see a need to .

Comment

Maybe some laxatives?

Comment

There is no better "relaxative" than sun, cold beverage of choice, and a hit on my line!

Comment

green650 wrote:
              Maybe some laxatives?
              Good one!

711brett wrote:
              There is no better "relaxative" than sun, cold beverage of choice, and a hit on my line!
              Oh man..... that begs the nasty question........ what does "Re" do to "Laxative"? Not sure that I even want to know!

:kidding.
              Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
              2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
              Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
              Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
              Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Working...
              X