Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad ESA but new ESA harness doesn(39)t appear to use overstroke switch-gctid393514

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad ESA but new ESA harness doesn(39)t appear to use overstroke switch-gctid393514

Ok men, I have been fighting shifting issues with my 2150 for the year I've owned the boat. I have since had to break the symptoms down and isolate the issues to fix the problems. I have found a severely corroded carb(replaced with new, not rebuildable unfortunately), new plugs, new wires, new points, condensor, and distributor cap. Last week I had it running great except that when shifting into and out of gear it dies. I looked on here and checked the module only to find that it kills the engine when the ESA switch is activated. So I ordered a new module (Mallory 9-24501R) and harness which is supposed to replace the OMC module. I found the module on it was a 987564 which is not for this model engine. When I received the parts I ordered today it appears that the new harness is not using the overstroke switch. The plug that goes to the ESA switches only has two wires coming out of it and the one FROM the switches has four. Is this normal?

The overstoke functionality has generally been dropped. The latest CDI unit that I got was the same- no overstroke wiring. So I also bought a CDI harness adapter of some sort, forget the exact details. If the Mallory doesn't just plug in, you will need a harness adapter. Not having the overstoke won't be an issue. The new units just have a timeout circuit where they will stop stumbling the engeine after a few seconds.

Comment

Cool.....thanks for the info because i have yet to find a logic diagram, or diagram at all, for this solid state unit.

Comment

Working...
      X