1978 Victoria fresh water fill?-gctid392343

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 Victoria fresh water fill?-gctid392343

I just picked up a new to me 78 Victoria 27 footer. This is my second boat. My first was a 2655 that I lost in my divorce a couple years back. Anyway when I turn on the water system with the gally switch I can hear the pumo but no water. I looked around the whole boat but cant find the water fill?

We have the same boat, except mine is a 1977 model. As it came from the manufacturer, there was no water fill. The fresh water tank was located on the starboard side; and you had to open the hatch to fill it. Needless to say, this was a royal pain in the rear, so I relocated the tank to the port side, ran a fill hose into the storage chest on the deck. Everytime I want to fill, I connect the fill hose to the hose at my dock, turn the valve, and wait for the water to start trickling down the tank vent (which I installed on the port side) to let me know it is full.

Comment

Are you saying the tank is in the engine hatch? Im not seeing any tanks down there. is there a sea cock, or shut off valve somewhere?

Comment

On my boat, the tank was originally in the engine compartment, on the aft starboard side and glassed in.

Comment

78victoria wrote:
          Are you saying the tank is in the engine hatch? Im not seeing any tanks down there. is there a sea cock, or shut off valve somewhere?
          try to follow the water lines from the water heater and You should find the tanks.i 2 on the port and starboard sides.there should be shut off valve not sea cock

Comment

Not sure on a 78 and assuming we are talking the flybridge model, on my 80 the tank is in the saloon under the floor in the center of the boat. I have a hatch in the floor just to the left (as you are entering the boat) of the step down in which you can see the lines running into the tank My water fill runs under the step to the starboard side and the water fill is just to the rear of the window on the outside of the boat.

Comment

My boat is not the flybridge. But I did follow the lines back and found what I think is the fill in the Vbirth just under the Starboard cushion next to the water heater. Problem is now, when I tried to put water in there its not filling up but cant see where the water is going cuz I cant see the tank only the fill . now im worried there is just water sloshing around in there. Or is that not actually the fill???

Comment

There is a 10 gallon tank at the bow, under my v-berth cushions. I did not mention it because I was under the impression it was added by the previous owner. I could be wrong. I allocated that tank for my toilet's fresh water supply.

Can you post pics of the fill area for the tank? I'll be able to tell you if it is similar to mine. If that's the case, there is a 5 inch threaded plate that needs to be removed before the tank can be filled.

Comment

Working...
                X