Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2452 seats-gctid392309

Hi

Due to the small fishing space i have the idea of converting the cockpit seats so that they spin by 180 degrees. Has anyone done this on the 2452 and any tips or suggestions is appreciated.

Regards.

I did mine with seat swivels from Walmart. They work nice for sitting around at anchor.

The seats have to be shifted inboard so that they don't hit the side of the cabin when they turn. The port side dosen't have enough space on the pedistal to prevent interfearance so I attached a piece of plywood on top of the pedistal the alowed me to move the seat away from the side wall. There is enough space on the starboard side but the holes have be redrilled. It works good I'm pleased with the modification.
    Carl

Comment

Thanks Carl, i'm gonna get the lockable swivels, i've never taken the cockpit cover down but will find a way to roll the sides up the same as the door so i don't have to completely detach for each trip.

Regards.

Comment

Hi Spike,

I use a three legged canvas stool.

A canvas camping seat with a back takes up too much floor space.

I fish with the canvas on so a spinning seat just doesn't work for me.

Terry
        Terry (Retired Diving Instructor and Part Time IT Consultant)
        1998 Bayliner 2452. 5.7l V8 - Edelbrock 1409 4bbl - Alpha1Gen2 - Solent UK.
        MMSI 235061726

Comment

Hi Terry

Sent you a pm yesterday, we looked at the canvas on the last trip and it looks possible to roll the whole back up, it won't be as neat as the rolled up door, but by doing so and having the swivel seats will make a much larger working area.

I'll post some pics when i'm done.

Regards.

Comment

i did this on our 2452 only on the port side , i installed a lockable slide to the fiberglass base once seat was removed and attached a swivel base to that. Works grear as it can be turned where ever and locked for comfort. On nice days turned to watch out back or turned to face the captain, when locked does not move.

Comment

I did this on the starboard side to my 1992 2452. It was a great addition and a pretty easy modification.

Paul
              2008 Rinker 330 EC
              Twin 350 MAG Bravo 3
              2007 285 (sold)
              350 Horizon Bravo 3

Comment

I did this on the port side of my 1993 2452. Swivel mount from W. Marine or maybe Wal-Mart. Had to buy a smaller seat so that there was enough room between the seat and port side for the seat to swivel around although only enough room for it to swiverl around one direction and not the other. Only complaints are that I can't find a seat as beefy as the original factory seat, plus because the seat is mounted on the swivel and not directly to the fixed base, I'm a little hesitant to have someone lean back as hard on it as they could on the factory setup. If I want to sit facing aft on my (starboard) seat, I just fold the back of the seat down and sit on that.

Comment

Working...
                X