Gimbal Alignment tool doesn(39)t fit-gctid391057

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimbal Alignment tool doesn(39)t fit-gctid391057

Has anyone had an alignment tool not fit into the coupler. I have the Gimbal bearing out and the tool will not go into the coupler. Is it possible that my cobra has an odd sized coupler? Or is it necessary to clean it out to get the tool to fit? Maybe built up grease?

I purchased the tool for the Cobra outdrives.

Greg

wefivehodges wrote:
    Has anyone had an alignment tool not fit into the coupler. I have the Gimbal bearing out and the tool will not go into the coupler. Is it possible that my cobra has an odd sized coupler? Or is it necessary to clean it out to get the tool to fit? Maybe built up grease?

Greg
    Boy, you would think the tool would not be too big to fit. Does the spline from the outdrive fit? Is it the same diameter as your alignment tool? It is also possible that over time grease has built up and hardened inside the coupler prevewnting the tool from going in all of the way.

If it is full of hard grease it won't be easy to access and clean out from the transom.

Comment

wefivehodges wrote:

Greg
      The one we use only goes about half as far into the coupler as the drive shaft.

Comment

I cleaned out the coupler and my alignment tool had a couple of burrs. Cleaned it up and it fits nice. :-)

Thanks for your replies.

Greg

Comment

Glad to hear it. :coo-

Comment

Working...
          X