2655 Refrigerator not working, beeping-gctid390612

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2655 Refrigerator not working, beeping-gctid390612

I'm getting used to my new 2655, and I'm still learning things (Like never to trust the fuel gauge and I should have bought that BoatUS towing, but that's another thread). It seems that the fridge doesn't run off DC power. It just beeps continuously. Am I doing something wrong?

Nursecarmen wrote:
    I'm getting used to my new 2655, and I'm still learning things (Like never to trust the fuel gauge and I should have bought that BoatUS towing, but that's another thread). It seems that the fridge doesn't run off DC power. It just beeps continuously. Am I doing something wrong?
    What year boat do you have? It should run off DC power unless it is turned off at the panel or inside the unit. The beeps may be a warning that there is no power. If all else fails contact your dealer.
    "Relax Inn"
    2012; 255 SB Bayliner
    Venice, Fl
    prior boat:
    2011; 180 BR

Comment

It's a 1999 2655. Do I turn it on on the AC panel then? Or is it maybe one of the accy switches on the dash?

Comment

Nursecarmen wrote:
        It's a 1999 2655. Do I turn it on on the AC panel then? Or is it maybe one of the accy switches on the dash?
        If you are on shore power and breaker is switched on at panel then it's AC,if not switched it's DC. If it is a Norcold than there will be a light by the control on fridge,when on and not connected to power it will go to DC.

Comment

If it runs on shore power AC, but doesn't continue running on DC when you flip the AC circuit breaker off, check the 12v DC fuse. Your owner's manual wiring diagram should illustrate exactly where the fuse is, wire color and amperage.

Comment

I am guessing this isn't the stock fridge, mine went in my 01 in 2008. If it's beeping on 12VDC ,then I would guess it's getting power. The control unit handle everything, switching between AC and DC, etc.. it's possible the DC components are busted.

I'd recommend pulling the fridge out and testing the voltage. Looking for burned components, etc..

What model/make refridgerator do you have?

Good luck,

John

Comment

Working...
            X