quieting engine noise on Capri-gctid389997

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quieting engine noise on Capri-gctid389997

I've got a 89 Capri 1950 with the 2.3 engine. I'm looking for suggestions on how to quiet down the noise from running at cruising. It would be nice to be able to talk without yelling. Thanks for any suggestions.

Automotive "stereo" shops will have sound deading materials you can glue to the inside of the hood.

Comment

The auto parts places have sound dampening material. The trick is cutting it to fit the inside of the engine hatch AND securing it so it doesn't get loose. Some use glue. Others uses rivets. In any case, bind the cut edges with duct tape so the material doesn't split.

Another place to add dampening is under the floor, back by the engine. Some models have an 8" space above the tank and below the floor that you can put cushions in to quiet the boat down. Some people put a layer of carpet down over the deck to add sound dampening to the floor.

Comment

You may get some improvement from the sound deadening material added to the engine hatch cover but I couldnt really tell the difference.

Joe

Comment

Working...
        X