Can a 32 TV fit in the 3055-gctid389858

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a 32 TV fit in the 3055-gctid389858

We have a 19" that moves between the cockpit and cabin. The admiral wants to permanently put a larger one in the cabin, and BB has a nice deal ($220) for a 32" TV. I'm not sure if that will fit comfortably on the bulkhead or not. It's a 25 minute drive from BB to the boat each way, so I'd rather know ahead of time and get it if it will.

Which bulkhead ?
    Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

Yes, but you have to fold it in thirds to get it in. :kidding

Comment

Well, there's only one where you can fit a TV really, the one at the stereo cabinet and hanging locker, aft end of the salon couch.

Didn't get the TV on the way, that Best Buy had closed, and the Target next door has ridiculous prices on TVs. What kind of moron buys a TV there?? Looks like a 32" may be big but fit, I think I'll look to a 28 instead.

Comment

Carlos, on our 2007 305, the TV was mounted on a swing arm at the foot of the V-berth, on the forward side of the cabinet. I know yours is a bit different in that area, but it was a great location for us, perfect from the dinette or the berth.

Edit: I think it was only a 19 or 20 inch though.
          Jeff & Tara (And Ginger too)
          Lake Havasu City, AZ
          |
          Current: 2008 Playcraft 2400 MCM 350 Mag B3
          2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
          2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
          2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
          2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
          And 12 others...
          In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. 7-2-10

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
            Well, there's only one where you can fit a TV really, the one at the stereo cabinet and hanging locker, aft end of the salon couch.

Didn't get the TV on the way, that Best Buy had closed, and the Target next door has ridiculous prices on TVs. What kind of moron buys a TV there?? Looks like a 32" may be big but fit, I think I'll look to a 28 instead.
            No TV sizes between 27-32 just to let you know.

Comment

That's far from true. There are plenty of 26, 27, and 28" TVs out there.

Jeff, yeah, that area is very different on ours. That's where the A/C thermostat/control is and that wall is kind of flimsy on ours.

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
                That's far from true. There are plenty of 26, 27, and 28" TVs out there.

Jeff, yeah, that area is very different on ours. That's where the A/C thermostat/control is and that wall is kind of flimsy on ours.
                I've never seen a true 28,29,30, or 31 !!! Guess I should of said between 28-31.

Comment

3 wide wrote:
                  I've never seen a true 28,29,30, or 31 !!! Guess I should of said between 28-31.
                  Are you measuring properly. It is the screen size top corner to opposing bottom corner. Not the TV exterior measurment.

Comment

Saintjon wrote:
                    Are you measuring properly. It is the screen size top corner to opposing bottom corner. Not the TV exterior measurment.
                    Yes,I have been told from Big store places and I've never seen one. Measured diagonally from top to bottom of screen only.

Comment

None of them are "true" measurement; notice they all say "class" behind the number.

'24" class HDTV'

And there are a few 28-class out there. I may go 26 though.

Comment

I have a 26" Westinghouse with DVD that I put in a few years ago. It mounts on a swing mount from Costco that I through bolted above the t'stat. Watch it in bed or swing it out and watch from anywhere in the boat or from the cockpit through the companionway door. I leave the base on it so we can put it up on the port side dash for cockpit viewing with a bunch of people on the boat. It pops off the swing arm but travels well on it.

Comment

Working...
                        X