Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2850Bounty wrote:
    Don't laugh at that one!

I can tell you first hand that these little suckers will find their way into small cavities, and will grow to the point of restricting water flow.

Then they die off, but the shells remain.

If all else proves to be OK, this is certainly worth checking.

+1 on that..

Those muscles are no joke and get everywhere.. I just pulled a bunch of shells out of my Genset and port engine Sea strainers.. It is worth a look Mike I cruise the same waters as you..

Comment

Boatman just started a thread re; zebra mussel issues.

Rick E. (aka RicardoMarine) Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Please, no PMs. Ask your questions on forum.

Comment

I guess with boat in water the best I can do is put on the mask and take a look at the intake holes eh? Worth a shot, though here's the latest weird find on my journey:

As I said, had the pump out and in hand yesterday, could rotate it and see all the fins through the inlets, looked fine--when I did disassemble to check things out, I found a little surprise----looks like a piece of an old plastic pump body, lodged between impeller and housing!

I could not detect it when looking through the inlets and rotating the pump, yet there it sat----only thing I can think is there was a cracked piece in the intake hose, maybe the PO had a rough time! I have my old pump bodies still, look fine.....this piece was lodged in there for years and finally came loose into the pump or something?!

Seems like that might affect pump performance, ya think?

Ah well, new pump body and impeller installed, we'll see how it runs, though I'm still concerned about the raw water flow. Thanks for all the thoughts on this thread--MM

Comment

Working...
        X