Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Vinesh87 wrote:
    Hi, i did have a look around for the Volt drop info but didn't find much please send me the link if they have already been covered!

I have a 2007 Trophy 2052WA with a 4.3L MPI with 80 hrs on it. It has 2 x Centennial DC24MF which came from the dealer.

With my new raymarine installed the merc starts effortless every time but drops the battery voltage of either/ both batteries to under 9v and the electronics cut out which is really annoying.These are both deep cycle batteries with a MCA750. Are these batteries(5 years old) just not up to the task ( i am going to replace both anyway ) or do mercruiser just drop the voltage that much and i need to work on a house/starting battery setup on a VSR ?

Cheers

Vinnie
    It's probably not your batteries (but it wouldn't hurt to load test them anyway). I had the same problem, and it turned out that the main battery cables running from the batteries (at the stern) to the helm were too small guage. I opted to add a new fuse box to the helm dedicated to my electronics with it's own 8AWG positive AND ground wires running back to the battery switch. This solved the problem. Others will probably recommend that you install something like an ACR battery combiner/isolator so your engine always starts off of a different battery than your electronics are running off of. This will work, but an unnecessary expense in my opinion. I like having more than enough capacity in my wiring anyway... it's a safety consideration.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Mercruiser 4.3l cuts out electronics.-gctid388316

Mercruiser 4.3l cuts out electronics.-gctid388316

Hi, i did have a look around for the Volt drop info but didn't find much please send me the link if they have already been covered!

I have a 2007 Trophy 2052WA with a 4.3L MPI with 80 hrs on it. It has 2 x Centennial DC24MF which came from the dealer.

With my new raymarine installed the merc starts effortless every time but drops the battery voltage of either/ both batteries to under 9v and the electronics cut out which is really annoying.These are both deep cycle batteries with a MCA750. Are these batteries(5 years old) just not up to the task ( i am going to replace both anyway ) or do mercruiser just drop the voltage that much and i need to work on a house/starting battery setup on a VSR ?

Cheers

Vinnie
Working...
X