Bedliner question?-gctid388061

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bedliner question?-gctid388061

I've been spending these past few weeks replacing the Stingers in my 91 2050Capri. Now I've considered goin' a little bit overboard and getting some roll on liner and coating the inside of the hull. I found alot of threads about doin' this on the deck but nothing about under the deck. I just want to make the new stringers outlast the boat at this point. Obviously I'm not goin' to do it in the engine area but if anyone has done this is there any drawbacks like moisture build up that'll cause premature failure/rot? Or can anyone give any reasons not to do this? I don't want to make a costly mistake after I screw the new deck in just to do it all over again. I'm waiting on a custom fuel cell, right now, but would like to have this done before I install it and start laying the deck in.

Well the original one lasted 21 years the way they did it. Do you plan on having the boat another 21 years?

If not, then no need to do it any better/expensive/fancy, than the way it was done.

I don't think bedliner will waterproof wood if you get standing water in there.

The most important thing is to make sure water stays out of the boat during storage.

Comment

I better bet would be no wood stringers. No wood no rot.
      Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

green650 wrote:
        Well the original one lasted 21 years the way they did it. Do you plan on having the boat another 21 years?

If not, then no need to do it any better/expensive/fancy, than the way it was done.

I don't think bedliner will waterproof wood if you get standing water in there.

The most important thing is to make sure water stays out of the boat during storage.
        Maybe maybe not, but I've had a few different sizes of this design and love how they look in the water. And even if I do get ride of it and into another one I want the next owner to really be wow'd but the fact it won't need to be done again.

Comment

Working...
        X