No announcement yet.

How do you fold your canvas-for dummies, Bayliner 2855 Ciera 1992-gctid387851

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you fold your canvas-for dummies, Bayliner 2855 Ciera 1992-gctid387851

As the title says. How to fold the bimini or front canvas back to the targa and fix it with straps around the targa? I have tried some options but I think it┬┤s quite difficult and bad solutions from Bayliner.

The boat is new to me last weekend.

Generally you would not fold the canvas, especially if there are 'windows' involved. The folds will induce weak spots in the canvas, particularly where 2 folds meet. I believe the correct way to deal with storing canvas is to roll it.

James

Comment

very very carefully.. and when you didnt do it right.. ask the admiral to do it.. (:worth ((ducks and hides))) lol

in all jest.. I would call the orignal manufactor and ask them the best way as to not damage any zippers or the clear fabric

Comment

We always roll and canvas that has Eisenglass or in our case Strataglass.

We roll it with fleece inside the roll seperating the layers and then tie the rolls with soft ribbon sewn to the end of the fleece. We made the fleece pieces to fit each section of canvas/glass.
        Jim McNeely
        New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
        Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
        Brighton, Michigan USA
        MMSI # 367393410

Comment

I was told by canvas maker to roll it but only if clean with a towel used to keep the clear windows from touching and scratching each other. Trouble I have always had is where to store them when off? No way to leave them on the boat very easy without to much wasted space so I rarely take them off other then the back camper section that is stored in the garage in the summer.

Comment

I have always rolled ours with the exception of the rear camper piece. I can fold it without folding any of the "glass".
            Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
            1998 3055 Ciera
            (yes, a 1998)
            Previous boat: 1993 3055
            Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
            Sea Doo XP
            Sea Doo GTI SE
            Life is short. Boats are cool.
            The family that plays together stays together.
            Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Many good replies here. And, if you want to remove from windscreen to targa, which pipes/stands(pardon my english) to remove for folding against targa? I have some sort of splint in some of them which probably needs to be removed when folding backwards..

Comment

Working...
              X