Fresh WaterTank Leak?-gctid387523

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh WaterTank Leak?-gctid387523

Hello All, thanks for the previous help. Today I noticed a little standing water next to my fresh water tank, on my 1985 2850 Contessa CB. My son had filled the tank a few days eariler, and there seemed to e a little water on the deck next to the tank. The tank is plastic, by the way. The trickle ( it is a little bit ) seems to be coming from under the port side of the tank, draining from under the 2"x 2" boards screwed in to help hold the tank. I drained about four inches down on the tank, hoping it was over filled. Just a sligt bit getting the deck wet when I left the boat at the dock. I can see most of the front and port side of the tank, but I think pulling same, might be an issue. If anyone has any ideas and or solutions, I would greatly appreciate it. Additionally, while taking up this space, the slider windows ( the bottem liners, for lack of a better term) seem to be worn out and causing the windows to leak. Anyone know where I can get replacements or another solution. Thanks again. Everyone is great and this is a great place.
    Raymond 14
    1997 3388ES
    twin merc 350 inboards

Interesting question. My '85 2850 Contessa Sunbridge has an aluminum water tank under the cabin floor that is no longer used. All the lines have been removed, and a new plastic tank was added (by PO) behind the holding tank on the port side in the stern.

I am assuming it leaked or it would not have been disconnected, right? I wish it were still in use as I could use the weight there rather than on the port side stern.

Comment

Did this to Midnight Sum several years back and tried every magical epoxy/glue on the market designed especially for polyethylene but none worked so don't bother trying. Believe, me if there was a way I would have glued/patched it as I needed to cut out the floor to change it if glue did not work. Ended up bringing it to a local shop who specialized in welding plastics and they did a beautiful solid job for $30. I suggest you do the same.
      Cheers, Hans
      2007 Carver 41 CMY
      Twin Volvo D6-370
      Montreal, Canada
      Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Working...
      X