OMC Cobra ESA delete instructions-gctid387504

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMC Cobra ESA delete instructions-gctid387504

I am in the final stages of OMC Cobra to OMC Cobra SX conversion. Does anyone know how to delete the ESA switch? I thought I saw instructions here before- years before- but a search doesn't help me. I believe Thefamilyjewels has done this upgrade.

For the Volvo Penta SX Cone Clutch drive, you have the option of completely removing the OMC Cobra ESA system, or using the mechanicl portion ONLY as junction for the existing main cable-to-new-short shift cable.

Personally, I'd remove the entire ESA system; the wiring, the bracket, cam, lever arm, both cables....., and I'd go back together with one long cable from the drive to the throttle/shift unit. This eliminates several items as a potential problem.

In either event, the ESA portion will not be used.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Rick, yep I am eliminating the short cable. I need to know what to do electrically with the wires from the removes switches. I think the shift interrupt is an NO switch so I should be able to just remove it. I don't know about the other switch.

Comment

Remove the wire from the ESA to the coil - terminal, and disconnect everything else and throw it away as you please. It is only hooked to coil -, pwr, and gnd, and its little switches, it can all be dumped.

Comment

If your going to dump it, you can send it to me for my spare parts collection.

Send a pm if we can work something out $
          " WET EVER "
          1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
          mmsi 338108404
          mmsi 338124956
          "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

@ dktool

I will have several spares to get rid of including a good Cobra outdrive in July!

Comment

Working...
            X