2556 switches on flybridge-gctid386352

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2556 switches on flybridge-gctid386352

does anyone out there have the switches on the flybridge labled clearly so they know what button does what

im in the middle of replacing switches and the fuse panel as not all switches work up ther for obviouse corrosive reasons.

if anybody has a clear photo they can post that would be great

cheers mick

I can take a picture for you the next visit i am there, maybe tomorrow or the next
    Roy Letts, Brockville On. Canada
    1992 Bayliner 2556 Ciera
    MerCruiser 5.7, Alpha 1, Gen 2

Comment

Here are mine. I am currently looking for a replacement faceplate so it looks as good as the one on the lower helm.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/689933=28217-IMG_2477.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/689933=28218-IMG_2305.jpg[/img]

Comment

thanks High cs i have a 91 mod and mine has the toggles i remaking my backing plate out of polished stainless and i bought some stainless toggles with rubber boots to water proof them i need to know what the 2 accessories buttons are for on the flybridge

cheers mick

Comment

The two accessory switches on my upper helm were, originally, not being used. Currently I use one for switching my flow meter between Gals/Hr and Miles/Gal, the other is the totalizer re-set (I replaced the original ON/OFF rocker with a momentary ON/OFF rocker for that one - like the horn switch). Does yours have wires running through them? Shouldn't be too difficult figuring out what they control; mosty likely and aftermarket device.

Below I am using the only accessory available for a small fan for de-fogging.

Comment

i think 1 switch may be for mercerator

i cant work out how the shower pump works either in the head

it seems to flood alot when it rains

Comment

High Cs wrote:
              Here are mine. I am currently looking for a replacement faceplate so it looks as good as the one on the lower helm.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]
              I believe SomeSailor here on BOC would be able to help with making a new faceplate.
              Pep & Felicia
              1991 3288 150 hino's

Comment

Mick, on my '92 the macerator is controlled by two switches located just around the corner, starboard side of the "dashboard", on the upper helm. They are a bit out of the way and controlled by two switches that need to be depressed at the same time (I suppose to make damn sure you intend to dump overboard).

Again, on my '92, the shower pump switch is located just above the sink in the head and the pump is (was) in the engine compartment along side the holding tank. I removed the pump and the shower sprayer and just have hot water, and shower, on the deck.

As for flooding during rain, I had a bit of that as well and found it to be several things, most will become obvious once you remove the ceiling and wall panel (just a few screws in the lid, drop it down, unplug the light wires, then remove screws holding wall panel - easy)

One was a worn-out speedometer pito tube going to the upper helm. Salt water for me!

the other(s) were fittings for my radio antene, ladder attachment, and snaps for the cover. All showed themselves and were easy to fix with re-bedding screws etc in sealant.

Comment

does anybody have a picture of this switch panel for a 91 model with toggle switches

kind regards mick

Comment

My panel was the same as above pictures, that is why I didn't post pictures, no need to do it twice. one of the Aux switches runs the depth sounder and the other is a free switch on the upper panel
                    Roy Letts, Brockville On. Canada
                    1992 Bayliner 2556 Ciera
                    MerCruiser 5.7, Alpha 1, Gen 2

Comment

Working...
                    X