Engine Coupler Bolt Torque-gctid385963

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Coupler Bolt Torque-gctid385963

I will be replacing my engine coupler tomorrow and need the bolt torque ratings. Found 35 ft/lbs on the net but just want to confirm this. Round style cooler on a small block.
    Cheers, Hans
    2007 Carver 41 CMY
    Twin Volvo D6-370
    Montreal, Canada
    Midnight Sun I Photos

Hanes.. I think I have to replace mine too...whats the easiest way to do this do I have to remove the engine or just slide it back?. I hear a noise coming from inside the bell housing..I still can get foward and reverse but on every revolution i hear a banging noise..Any Ideas?..No Idea what the torque is..How much for a SB chevy 5.7 coupler?

Comment

Got the coupling changed however took a little more time than I anticipated. Local guy came by with small tractor and let me hang my chain fall from his bucket for 4 hours for $100. Lifted engine off the mounts and drove the tractor forward about a foot and lifted engine up another 8" or so to gain good access. Worked very well. Now to get the swim platform on hopefully Thursday.

Learned a little more today and saved about $1800 by doing it myself. Knowing it was done right, Priceless. Picture of Kubota Sky Hook with another Bayliner owner/helper.

Cheers, Hans
      2007 Carver 41 CMY
      Twin Volvo D6-370
      Montreal, Canada
      Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Working...
      X