No announcement yet.

Electrical issue/ No gauges or warning sound in instrument cluster-gctid385493

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical issue/ No gauges or warning sound in instrument cluster-gctid385493

I have a 2001 2350 BF w 5.7 Mercruiser Thunderbolt with Alpha Gen2 drive. Tried to recommission yesterday. At first attempt with key in I turned to run and got a short beep then faded away. I took the batteries out and recharged. Put them back in, now I have no gauges or beep/buzzer. Tilt trim works, I understand that is wired direct. 50 amp breaker on the motor is good, tested continuity at starter link. thats ok. Tested for 12v to the back of the fuse block, as well as all the fuses in the block. ( Think its a ground issue?) Changed ignition switch. ( Problem is that it is hot 12v at all three terminals.) I know that is not correct. Anyone have any ideas? Other than a gallon of gas and a match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paulandersen wrote:
    I have a 2001 2350 BF w 5.7 Mercruiser Thunderbolt with Alpha Gen2 drive. Tried to recommission yesterday. At first attempt with key in I turned to run and got a short beep then faded away. I took the batteries out and recharged. Put them back in, now I have no gauges or beep/buzzer. Tilt trim works, I understand that is wired direct. 50 amp breaker on the motor is good, tested continuity at starter link. thats ok. Tested for 12v to the back of the fuse block, as well as all the fuses in the block. ( Think its a ground issue?) Changed ignition switch. ( Problem is that it is hot 12v at all three terminals.) I know that is not correct. Anyone have any ideas? Other than a gallon of gas and a match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Grow up!

More likely than not:

Ground wire loose to gauges. Does the starter turn when you turn the key? If not check the 15 amp fuse/breaker in the red wire to teh ignition switch
    Captharv 2001 2452
    "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

thanks, I did not see a fuse in line to the switch. I will have another go at it in the morning.

Comment

I am having a similar problem w/ my 2008 205BR w/ Mercruiser 5.0 ALPHA GEN II outdrive. When I turn the key, I get nothing...All of my accessories work just as yours do, I have checked all of the fuses that I could find, and checked my battery...I also changed my ignition switch, but that did not help. I was wondering if you had any luck in fixing your problem, or if anyone out there has any suggestions?

Comment

Take a look at the cannon (sp?) connector for the wiring harness located on top of the engine. Could be corroded contacts in the connector.

Comment

Also I'm pretty sure that there will be an ignition fuse 25A that's separate from the others. Mine is in a plastic harness that is routed with the other electrical through the wire loom and wire organizers and such on the motor.

Comment

Working...
            X