Bayliner Capri Small hole question.-gctid384495

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner Capri Small hole question.-gctid384495

I just noticed a very very small hole in the hull of my boat, it looks like just the paint/plastic has come off and you can see the fiber glass, is this something that i should be cocered a bout? could i just fill it with epoxy?

i attachted a photo

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/688020=28008-boathole.jpg[/img]

Probably air bubble was trapped in the mold when boat was being made. Later surface cracked and exposed the defect. I would fill that with the gellcoat repair paste and buff it out. You can get a small tube of gellcoat repair paste in any marine store. If there is dirt/gunk use a small dremel tool to clean the surface with in the hole to ensure proper adhesion. No different than a dentist filling in a cavity ;-)

Comment

GrindKore wrote:
      Probably air bubble was trapped in the mold when boat was being made. Later surface cracked and exposed the defect. I would fill that with the gellcoat repair paste and buff it out. You can get a small tube of gellcoat repair paste in any marine store. If there is dirt/gunk use a small dremel tool to clean the surface with in the hole to ensure proper adhesion. No different than a dentist filling in a cavity ;-)
      Thanks, I appreciate your help. It very tiny, thus why i ddin't want to spend the big buks. But ill see if i can find that gellcoat repair past.

Thanks again!

Comment

Marine-tex can be found in wally world or almost any boat store like west marine.
        Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Working...
        X