2855 Carpet Template / Dimentions-gctid345401

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2855 Carpet Template / Dimentions-gctid345401

So I'm having the outside carpet replaced on my 1998 2855 and have two questions:

1) My boat is in storage, does anyone know the dimentions of the small step that goes down into the cabin? There would have been a small rectangle of carpet there new, but mine never had it.

2) Is there anything better than what was OEM? My carpet gets wet and seems to stay wet for days because the foam backing just holds water like an old dirty sponge. Perhaps new carpet and backing will solve this problem by it self, but i'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for the help. Just a few months to go!

grlittle wrote:
    So I'm having the outside carpet replaced on my 1998 2855 and have two questions:

1) My boat is in storage, does anyone know the dimentions of the small step that goes down into the cabin? There would have been a small rectangle of carpet there new, but mine never had it.

2)[COLOR]"#FF0000" wrote:
    Is there anything better than what was OEM? My carpet gets wet and seems to stay wet for days because the foam backing just holds water like an old dirty sponge. Perhaps new carpet and backing will solve this problem by it self, but i'm open to suggestions[/COLOR].

I'm not sure what the answer is. I'm actually on my second set of cockpit carpet. The first time I replaced with regular old indoor/outdoor carpet. Good news: it was cheap enough also dried quickly. Bad news: the jute backing just started to deteriorate leaving a saw dust like residue all over the place. Replaced it again after only three seasons. Now I'm back to good old marine carpet, with the rubber/foam backing. Looks great but it does hold the water.

Comment

grlittle wrote:

2) Is there anything better than what was OEM? My carpet gets wet and seems to stay wet for days because the foam backing just holds water like an old dirty sponge. Perhaps new carpet and backing will solve this problem by it self, but i'm open to suggestions.

http://"http://www.corinthian-marine...ne-carpet.com/
      Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/v...50fa36c4235c0a

Comment

Seaquel wrote:
        I'm not sure what the answer is. I'm actually on my second set of cockpit carpet. The first time I replaced with regular old indoor/outdoor carpet. Good news: it was cheap enough also dried quickly. Bad news: the jute backing just started to deteriorate leaving a saw dust like residue all over the place. Replaced it again after only three seasons. Now I'm back to good old marine carpet, with the rubber/foam backing. Looks great but it does hold the water.
        Thanks Ralph - that's good to know. I've been half considering going cheap, not to save money, but just for the drying reasons. I think I'll scrap that idea now.

Not sure if anyone else experiences this, but after a day of playing, swimming etc the carpet gets wet (as it should!) then I return to the dock. In the evening not much dries out because the sun is gone. Repeat the next day, usually Sunday and then Sunday evening I button up the tops for a few days. The sun may shine, but now the top is on and it tuns into a big mildew growing greenhouse.

Ah well, I guess I could have bigger problems....

Comment

Best thing to do that I've found is to take the carpet up, lay it over the seat or something. It actually dries better from the rubber side. If you leave it down and it's really that wet it will take forever

BTW... I checked out corinthian they were pretty high. I believe they use the same backing as all other marine carpet.

Comment

Working...
          X