Trophy 2002 with 125hp ~ I NEED TO KNOW-gctid382601

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy 2002 with 125hp ~ I NEED TO KNOW-gctid382601

OK, I just bought a 1999 Trophy 2002 with a 125 Mercury outboard and I need to talk to ONLY those folks that have this boat with this horsepower engine. I have some serious issues that only people that have that combination of engine and boat can help me with. So all you guys that have this boat with this engine hp please pipe up. I need to know how your boat runs with this combination because as of now I have seriously issues. I need to know if I have a problem with my boat or this is the way it is. So just chime in if you have this combination of boat and engine. My engine runs wonderfully but my boat does 18mph @ 5200 rpm. Is this all there is? Yes, I have trim Tabs but 18 mph???? This may be about right for this combination. I have no way of knowing if I have a problem until I see what other folks are experiencing.

Thank You,

Russ

Sounds like you are spinning a prop....

MY 1991 Trophy 2002 with the Force 120HP (under powered) went 32MPH at 5300rpm.

And Just for the record, I put a 225hp Evinrude on it and it only does 46MPH at 5300rpm.

So two things, your motor is either spinning the prop or you have a blown jug and not making the right power for that motor/boat combination. The second things is all the power in the world will not make the boat a speed boat! But will help with planning and other charaterists.

Comment

I have a '91 2002 that has a 2 stroke 125 Merc on it and I can run about 31 mph at 5000 rpm. I recently changed props cause I wanted a better get up and go time which i got but lost 5 mph on the top end so now i'm down to 25 or 26

Comment

Someone who has the exact combination ask the original poster what prop exactly he has on now.

I won't ask directly cause he only wants reply's from people who has the exact combination boat and engine he has.

Also please ask him if he has checked the other factors that may bring down the top end on his exact combination.

Original poster please reply only to the person asking you directly the questions and not to me.

I will not reply to you directly.
        Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Chief Alen wrote:
          Someone who has the exact combination ask the original poster what prop exactly he has on now.

I won't ask directly cause he only wants reply's from people who has the exact combination boat and engine he has.

Also please ask him if he has checked the other factors that may bring down the top end on his exact combination.

Original poster please reply only to the person asking you directly the questions and not to me.

I heard that he has a 17p prop,maybe someone who has the same set up might recommend,he borrow a 19p, or do a compression test. A 125 MERC should be able to push his rig better than that

Comment

Chief Alen wrote:

Good stuff!:arr

Comment

I'm sorry for not responding sooner. I did change the prop to a new one with the exact specs,

13 1/4 X 17, and the boat went from 16.5mph to 28mph. So it was the prop although it gave no indication of spinning on the hub with the exception the obtainable mph. I can live with 28mph although I still believe the boat really should have a 175hp engine. How do I justify $10,000-$12,000 repower on a boat, motor and trailer that is worth $14,000?? I don't know that I can, so I'll just live with it and enjoy it for what it is.

Thanks to all for your replies, as always I am appreciative.

Russ

Comment

Working...
              X