Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Any Old Rechargable Batteries That Won(39)t Recharge Hanging Around, Try This....-gctid381871

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got Any Old Rechargable Batteries That Won(39)t Recharge Hanging Around, Try This....-gctid381871

Dead batteries... as in rechargeable portable tool batteries. The bloody things are anywhere from 30 to 75 bucks each, and they eventually do die, not holding a charge. Money IS tight, and I have several varieties of tools (Ridgid, Ryobi, and some other brands)... most with dead batteries. I researched batteries and found several different cures... one using welding machines, one using large battery chargers, and one even using two good batteries to fix one dead one. Tried the charger system, and nuthin... In disgust, I researched some more, and found one interesting youtube video that was super simple... take a dead 14.4, 18v, 24v, whatever, and put it in the battery charger... two lights should be on, meaning dead battery. Take the plug and pull it out of the wall socket... then flick it in and out till the red light (uncharged) only comes on. At that point, the dead battery will recharge. IT WORKS! Took out all my dead ryobi's and they're working. Found my dead ridgid batteries and got them to work. Then realized I'd pack ratted my old ryobi 14.4v tool and batteries away. Haven't used em since the 90's (did I mention pack rat?) Both of the dead batteries are now working!!! Soon will go out to the barn, and find a battery I haven't used since the early 90's and see if I can 'burn' them, and make em work...
    • I got this off another web group. I hope it saves some of you buying those overpriced replacement batteries for your cordless tools. It's not 100 percent but well worth trying. Another idea is to take the dead ones and drop them a few times to break off the wiskers they grew internally which was shorting them out..

hmmm..hope it works.. will give it a try...

Comment

Yea by that point what the heck right? One thing I do know for sure is how to kill a perfectly good rechargeable batter in short order, one they neglect to tell you from the manufacturer. DON'T RUN THE DRILL, GRINDER, WHATEVER UNTIL THE BATTERY GETS HOT TO THE TOUCH !!!!! That will sometimes make one of the little "C" cells that the packs are usually made of reverse polarity or some such event. That just makes it die. This usually happens when running a large bit through something like hardwood, leaning hard on a grinder ect. If the battery starts getting hot switch it out back and forth with it'sibling and you won't have any worries. I wonder why the manufacturers don't tell us this stuff,:worth it wouldn't be the to sell us more of their overpriced batteries now would it?????? Nahhhhh. :greedy_dollars::greedy_dollars:

Comment

Working...
      X