Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 245 12v accesory outlet in cabin not working-gctid381506

Hello,

anyone had an issue with 12V accesory outlet in cabin not working? I have hooked up DVM, I have +12v (13.3) but when I plug in an appliance (12v fan) I got nothing? it's like there is no amperage?

how or where do I begin tracing this? I'm trying to figure out how to remove the microwave to get at backside panel?

Does this outlet wire run go directly to the buse/breaker panel below the helm? or is there a junction somewhere in the cabin?

any feedback in troubleshooting this issue is much appreciated!

thanks,

Cliff M

Renton Wa

If you unscrew the outlet, generally there is a fuse right behind it in the wall. 2 screws, pull the wire out, there SHOULD be a fuse back there.

Comment

cliffm wrote:
      Hello,

anyone had an issue with 12V accesory outlet in cabin not working? I have hooked up DVM, I have +12v (13.3) but when I plug in an appliance (12v fan) I got nothing? it's like there is no amperage?

how or where do I begin tracing this? I'm trying to figure out how to remove the microwave to get at backside panel?

Does this outlet wire run go directly to the buse/breaker panel below the helm? or is there a junction somewhere in the cabin?

any feedback in troubleshooting this issue is much appreciated!

thanks,

Cliff M

Renton Wa
      Have you tried anything other than the fan? The fan likely has a fuse in the 12v plug itself, did you check that?

If you are getting 12v at the outlet (you did put the DVM leads in the outlet right?), it's unlikely there are other issues with it... much more likely it's the device you're plugging into it. Try the fan in your car!

Comment

fan works in helm outlet, but not in cabin outlet, everything I tried works in helm outlet but not cabin?

I plug in splitter with red Led, which intially lights up, plug in fan, light goes out, un plug fan, the led will "gradually" light back up?

I'm thinking corroded connection? fuse? I'm trying to find out how the wire run is configured? is there a junction behind the microwave? or does it go directly to the helm breaker buse bar?

Comment

thats odd, like I said, remove the outlet, check fuse 1st. go from there. Sounds like the wire or fuse is having issues.

Comment

biohazard wrote:
            thats odd, like I said, remove the outlet, check fuse 1st. go from there. Sounds like the wire or fuse is having issues.
            thanks! I removed outlet plug, removed wires from outlet, checked with DVM, noticed intermittent response to load, didn't see "fuse" link, but since I couldn't figure out how to remove microwave to get to backside of kitchen console panel, I didn't notice a "fuse" junction.

I'll check tonight when home from work,

thanks again,

cliff M

Comment

hmm on my 2355 and 3055 the 12v outlets have a few a few inches behind the outlet. Check any connections on your battery too, make sure they are snug.

Comment

biohazard wrote:
                hmm on my 2355 and 3055 the 12v outlets have a few a few inches behind the outlet. Check any connections on your battery too, make sure they are snug.
                since it's isolated to only the cabin 12v outlet (12v helm outlet works fine) i'd assume my "bats" are OK? I'm still ttying to determine (find schematic) of how many "connections" between the outlet and the breaker buse bar?

I wouldn't think there should/would be a fusable link inline when there is a "breaker" on the panel for 12v accesory? also, wouldn't the 12v accesory breaker be for either outlet? I didn't see a second breaker?

Comment

cliffm wrote:
                  since it's isolated to only the cabin 12v outlet (12v helm outlet works fine) i'd assume my "bats" are OK? I'm still ttying to determine (find schematic) of how many "connections" between the outlet and the breaker buse bar?

I wouldn't think there should/would be a fusable link inline when there is a "breaker" on the panel for 12v accesory? also, wouldn't the 12v accesory breaker be for either outlet? I didn't see a second breaker?
                  lol, you assume alot .

All my 12v outlets on my 3055 are independant of each other, none are hooked to the 12v accessory breaker on my 12v breaker panel(which one would think they should be). Was that 12v outlet from the factory? or did a PO have it installed or install it themselves? Is that outlet actually going to the breaker bus bar? Are there any small wires connecting to your batterys? Is it one of these?

Generally from my expereince the 12v outlets have had fuses on them, not connected to breakers. Could be different as your boat is newer then mine though.

Follow your wires, and you will find your problem.you could also check the outlet with a voltmeter while its out and plugged into the fan having the issue, maybe narrow it down a bit.

Comment

biohazard wrote:
                    lol, you assume alot .

All my 12v outlets on my 3055 are independant of each other, none are hooked to the 12v accessory breaker on my 12v breaker panel(which one would think they should be). Was that 12v outlet from the factory? or did a PO have it installed or install it themselves? Is that outlet actually going to the breaker bus bar? Are there any small wires connecting to your batterys? Is it one of these?

Generally from my expereince the 12v outlets have had fuses on them, not connected to breakers. Could be different as your boat is newer then mine though.

Follow your wires, and you will find your problem.you could also check the outlet with a voltmeter while its out and plugged into the fan having the issue, maybe narrow it down a bit.
                    yes may assumptions have come back to haunt me on occasions!

This is a factory installed plug, will need to verify if in-line fuse exits? in 2003 that would have used "blade style" ?? (again with the assumptions)

I have limited wires to the "bats", big gauge starters, small guage AC charger, and single small gauge accessory each, which I have cleaned....

so back to chasing down some hidden connection

Comment

Working...
                    X