Installing new Faria gauges in 1988 2655 HELP-gctid380128

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing new Faria gauges in 1988 2655 HELP-gctid380128

I am installing new Faria inboard 6 gauge set of Chesapeake SS gauges in my 1988 2655 Bayliner. I put a new 5.7 300 hp Volvo Penta engine and outdrive in the boat in 2010. I used the same Starwar gauges and all connected perfect. When I connect the new Faria gauges will I need to Change any wiring connectors or will the old set be ok? I think There might be a couple of other 88 /89 /90 2655 owners who may be able to help via personal experience, but any and all advice is appreciated. Gary
    GARCHAR
    1988 2655
    2009 Volvo Penta 5.7 300 hp DP F3s
    Twice Past Commodore
    Northwest Outboard Trailer Sailors, Eugene,OR

I found the speedo and tach to be smaller than the star wars guages, so I just fabbed a new aluminum dash panel had it powder coated and dropped the guages in. The wiring is a direct hook up to the new guages, make sure you label every wire as you remove it from the old guages, you will thank me later for this advice.....

Comment

When I did mine (Faria branded on the back, US Marine branded on the face), it was plug and play. No wiring mods, no physical mods. I think the star wars gauges were also made by Faria.

Here's what they looked like.

Mike P
      The Bahamas
      Formerly Vancouver BC, Bermuda and The Grenadine Islands.

Click here to hear my original music, FREE to download to your computer or iPod.

Comment

Thanks for the info I appreciate it very much. Gary
        GARCHAR
        1988 2655
        2009 Volvo Penta 5.7 300 hp DP F3s
        Twice Past Commodore
        Northwest Outboard Trailer Sailors, Eugene,OR

Comment

Working...
        X