Need a new Prop on my 2556-gctid379480

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new Prop on my 2556-gctid379480

Ok, ok i have to admit I'm having too much fun on my 2556 going everywhere....and now look what I did to my Prop.

Now, since i'm replacing my broken prop (a 15 1/2 x 15) anybody have a suggestion on a better performance prop for the default one?

I'm not even sure the type of outdrive I have, the numbers are:

engine: 5.7 Chevy 350

outdrive; OMC cobra model #985687 eng 5.0L serial # T0625612.

Thanks for the feed back.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/682959=27453-IMG00335-20120507-1736.jpg[/img]

The 15 X 15 works very well. For the heavier, single prop boats, people are getting better performance with the 4 blade props. You will gain at the lower and mid speeds. You will lose a little speed at the top end. This is an example of what you can find: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VORTEX-99220...#ht_1502wt_890

Comment

Thank you for the idea Craig; the 2556 is already slow and I don't want to loose more speed.

I guess I will go for the same prop I had.

question: Do I need to look for something in particular when choosing the replacement? I mean, is this one for example going to be a match?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-1-2-x-15-...#ht_555wt_1396

another question, the 1989 model, is it fitted with a OMC Cobra Alpha, Bravo, Bravo II?

how can i find out what do I have?

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/683060=27465-IMG_0016.jpg[/img]

Comment

BAYLINERER wrote:

another question, the 1989 model, is it fitted with a OMC Cobra Alpha, Bravo, Bravo II?

how can i find out what do I have?
        OMC is the manufacture of your drive, you have an OMC and the model is Cobra.

Alpha, Bravo, Bravo2, Bravo3 are Mercruiser drives, they are just he model names, completely different manufacture.

So your looking for something to fit an OMC COBRA. OMC made cobra and king cobra drives, I am not aware of any others off the top of my head.

Comment

biohazard wrote:
          OMC is the manufacture of your drive, you have an OMC and the model is Cobra.

Alpha, Bravo, Bravo2, Bravo3 are Mercruiser drives, they are just he model names, completely different manufacture.

So your looking for something to fit an OMC COBRA. OMC made cobra and king cobra drives, I am not aware of any others off the top of my head.
          Thank you for taking the time to explain me what i have.

This is my very first boat and I don't know much about it...I guess you figure it out by now.

Ok, so I think the ebay prop will work well on this outdrive, it says:

15-1/2X15RH Michigan Match 3-blade Aluminum Propeller

OMC

3.0L-8.32L........................................1990-93

5.8L (Cobra).....................................1989-93

Sea Drive 2.0L-4.0L........................All Years

Comment

I have the same boat and set up 5.7 lit omc cobra i am using 15.5 x 13 ,4100 rpm and 26 mph ,but i still am searching for the correct propeller for the set up ,,i did find out that the 15 x 13 will give you better speed but you will have to have i made can't buy it
            1988 flybridge trophy bayliner 2556 ,mercury 5.7 lit. OMC cobra out drive 76 hrs. on new package,
            located in ketchikan ak,name DOMINION

Comment

desuch, still searching around for that perfect prop? This thread is from 2012, OP hasn't logged on in about 2 1/2 years
              Dave
              Edmonds, WA
              "THE FIX"
              '93 2556
              Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
              Misc. projects thread
              https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Working...
              X