Johnson OB. 2004 will not raise.-gctid666130

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnson OB. 2004 will not raise.-gctid666130

Good morning, good buddy at the marina is having a problem his lifting mechanism on his Johnson OB is not working, Battery is charged and engine runs, what's next?
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Help where have all the smarter then myself mechanic's gone

Comment

Where is tilt/trim switch located? This happened on my Suzuki OB where the switch was located on the remote throttle. I tried replacing tilt/trim selenoid on the engine block but what I ultimately found is that years of using the remote had "pinched" the signal wire within the remote and essentially cut it so signal was not being sent. Took apart remote, patched/soldered wire and the OB raised up! :-) Check wiring....is moral of the story.
      2014 Flight Package Element
      Upgrades: 90HP, Smart Tabs, 4 Blade Prop, Mercury Monitor Gauge, Bimini Top, Radio w/4 speaker + subwoofer
      Lacey, WA

Comment

There is one switch at the helm and one on the engine, none are working.

Comment

Check the trim selenoid then...it essentially acts as a relay...may have gone bad??? Does it tilt down? If it does neither then I'm at a loss....
          2014 Flight Package Element
          Upgrades: 90HP, Smart Tabs, 4 Blade Prop, Mercury Monitor Gauge, Bimini Top, Radio w/4 speaker + subwoofer
          Lacey, WA

Comment

Your friend is having a problem getting his Johnson up? :whistle:
            Esteban
            B-ham!
            Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Check the fuse first.
              Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

+1 with Chief Alan on the fuse. If fuse is OK, then trace wiring from fuse through to tilt hydraulic pump, checking with multimeter you have 12V when the switch is engaged.

Comment

Thanks all for the responses, fuse is good, I am thinking solenoid will check this weekend, having toooo many projects going, the marina is 80 mil from Great Falls.

Comment

Working...
                  X