no plumbing all pumps are coming on?-gctid379027

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no plumbing all pumps are coming on?-gctid379027

Ok guys on Contessa the freshwater tank is full pump is working but the water switch has no power and i get no water form sink or shower? Pls help

Airlock?

Need to troubleshoot- first electrical, then plumbing :

power to switch from 12v source to switch-> power to pump from switch ->

Can you hotwire pump and make it work? Is there an inline filter that is clogged?

tank; check for leaks in all lines, then check all faucets for clogged screens.

Comment

Check the micro switch on the pump, it is the most common problem that I have found, and electronics store will sell you one for a mere fraction of the cost from a marine store.
      Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
      Twin 350 GM power
      Located in Seward, AK
      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

mac0ne01 wrote:
        Ok guys on Contessa the freshwater tank is full pump is working but the water switch has no power and i get no water form sink or shower? Pls help
        Can you clarify this a little. Is the pump working as in can you hear it run when you flip the switch? The water switch has no power, is that just the light is not working? If the switch has no power did you get power from another 12v source to get the motor to run?
        Cheers, Hans
        2007 Carver 41 CMY
        Twin Volvo D6-370
        Montreal, Canada
        Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Pump works when hooked to another power source

Comment

These are pretty simple in function. Unless it was replaced by some fancy model, all these pumps are diaphragm and self priming. If the tank is full the there is no reason it should not pump unless the diaphragm is worn out/punctured. Can you trace the feed line from the potable water tank to the pump to see if someone may have installed a valve somewhere in line? There may also be a filter between the pump and tank which could be jammed up. The Contessa is not exactly young and therefor someone may have tinkered in there. Best bet is to trace things down.
            Cheers, Hans
            2007 Carver 41 CMY
            Twin Volvo D6-370
            Montreal, Canada
            Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Thanks guys I now have runing water. Thanks again for all advise.

Comment

Working...
              X