X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • welshswampy
    Frequent Contributor
    • Dec 2011

24ft Trophy ???-gctid378428

I bought a Bayliner Trophy hardtop that was advertised as follows "24 ft Bayliner Trophy hardtop with a 5.0l OMC/ Cobra"

After reading so many of your threads on here about a 2152 or a 3850 or some other model, it got me thinking has it got a specific model number? as in a 24##?

It doesn't bother me that I may be the "poor relation" just wondering what the correct model number may be

Also, when I asked about the serial number on another site, it seamed to suggest the boat was made in Belarus 1988

Any thoughts welcomed, good, bad or indifferent! I got thick skin

Regards

Nick
    SOMETIMES ITS BETTER TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND BE THOUGHT STUPID, THAN TO OPEN IT AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT
    24 ft Bayliner Trophy hardtop 1988
    6.2l GM V8 N/A diesel with a Volvo penta 290 DP

If it has a full hardtop, enclosed cabin, and cabin door, then it should be a 2459. It is something like 23' 9" long or so.

If you email Bayliner (US Marine) with the HIN number, they can tell you the model # and email you a copy of the Owners Manual.

Comment

• welshswampy
      Frequent Contributor
      • Dec 2011

Hi, orca, it has the hard top, but doesnt have a fixed door, just a canvas which is removeable, not sure if this Trophy was just produced for the Europaen market?

But still curious if it has a specific model number

Regards Nick
      SOMETIMES ITS BETTER TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND BE THOUGHT STUPID, THAN TO OPEN IT AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT

Comment

Its a 2460, little bro to this

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/681919=27324-3027.jpg[/img]

Comment

As Ofishal said, likely the 2460 then. Mine is the 2160 with the canvas instead of the door. Here is a post someone had about the 2159 vs 2160 - http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...-Model-Numbers . Probably applies to the 2459/2460 also.

Send Bayliner a note here - http://www.baylinercustomercare.com/ , use the "Contact Us" link, and they can tell you the model number and get you the Owners Manual. Let me know if you need the OMC OEM Service manual (or did you replace the OMC gear?).

Comment

• Chief_Alen
            Guru
            • Aug 2010

I think he changed over to diesel and a volvo drive.
            Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

• Download_Complete
              Admin Emeritus
              • Mar 2001

Its likely a 2459 Trophy, same boat as the 2455 Ciera Sunbridge from the rubrail down.

It also could be the 2460 Trophy, which still wouldn't matter because they are ALL the same hull, and same basic model.
              Matt Train
              BOC Site Team
              Chicagoland, IL

Comment

• dktool
                Guru
                • Jul 2010

Its likely a 2459 Trophy, same boat as the 2455 Ciera Sunbridge from the rubrail down.
                +1When I bought mine I ran the numbers and determined it is a 2459

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/...4819.jpg[/img]
                " WET EVER "
                1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
                mmsi 338108404
                mmsi 338124956
                "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

• welshswampy
                  Frequent Contributor
                  • Dec 2011

Thanks to all of you for the replies, its virtually identicle to dktool's picture, so its a 2159 or 2160

Thanks for the offer of an OMC manual, but, as chief says Ive changed the omc for a 6.2 GM V8 diesel with a VP 290 DP

Regards

Nick

Comment

Working...